Fanfest

Going Underground

Just now, Going Underground said:

I disagree with your argument but understand where you are coming from. The whole organization is run poor. The Nationals called me many times to try to get me to buy tickets. Had a 6 game plan and called me during the year and asked me how do you like it. The Orioles  have never called me. I have had tickets for 13 years . Terribly run marketing and just a teribbly run organization in general. 

So Manny might not sign a long term contract with the Orioles?

When I had season tickets the sale representative was totally useless when they made a mistake with my tickets. I had to go to the ticket booth and ask for a manager and he sorted it out for me and got me my tickets.    But sales rep was rude and unhelpful. Acted like I was bothering him with their mistake. 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cimota said:

It isn't our business? People on here have bought season tickets and other's have bought fan fest tickets with expectations that the team's highest paid players would be there.  Of course it is their business.  I guess their option is to stop following the team if they don't get a valid explanation. 

There's no guarantee of any particular player attending Fanfest, as far as I know. You roll the dice when you buy the tickets. I don't know why anyone would expect Manny to be there after the Orioles have basically said he's as good as gone. Schoop is more of a bummer, to me, but again, he apparently has a reason, and we should respect that. 

I disagree that a player's reason for skipping this event is any fan's business. It's simply not. It's private, unless the player or organization states otherwise. You bought a ticket to attend a game or an event, that's all. 

Just now, interloper said:

There's no guarantee of any particular player attending Fanfest, as far as I know. You roll the dice when you buy the tickets. I don't know why anyone would expect Manny to be there after the Orioles have basically said he's as good as gone. Schoop is more of a bummer, to me, but again, he apparently has a reason, and we should respect that. 

I disagree that a player's reason for skipping this event is any fan's business. It's simply not. It's private, unless the player or organization states otherwise. You bought a ticket to attend a game or an event, that's all. 

Well I think it is up to individual fans to decide whether it is their business or not.  Who are you to tell anyone whether it is their business or not?  If they support the team buying season tickets part of the deal is you get tickets to fan feast where the teams best players are supposed to attend. 

Chris Davis had twin daughters and that was announced.  Perfectly acceptable reason to miss fan feast.  Britton who is getting paid over 10 million a year and won't even be playing for the team and he can't explain why he won't be at fan feast? Not acceptable. Unless Machado has been traded he needs to explain why he isnt' there as well. We pay their salaries.   

13 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

You are absolutely correct on the contract situation.  I do find it bothersome that both would drop out at the last minute without some significant personal reason.  I can't judge without knowing why they dropped, but at face value it looks like they're pitching hissy fits for lack of a better word.  It just comes across as unprofessional on the players parts, IMO.

I think it will be interesting to see what some have to say about Fan Fest the day after they go.

I think this just hurts Manny in free agency. With all his fights on the field and twice he has missed fan feast. No way if I was a GM would I sign him to long term contract. He is just going to be a big problem for whomever ends up with him. 

Archived