Fanfest

Going Underground

19 minutes ago, theobird said:

I agree with Frobby on this one. I think they intend to trade Manny, whether or not they are close right now or not. And if that is the case, they are holding him out. What other choice does the team have, if they really do intend to trade him? Black eye? I doubt that. It would be terribly awkward for Manny to show up at Fan Fest and talk all that 2018 is our year bs, only to say see-ya! next week. At least I hope that is what is going on. Not trading Machado right now is a huge mistake.

I don't think the Orioles would have announced Manny was going to be there and sold tickets to his autograph session if this was true. It's pretty clear the O's FO is upset about him not attending.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

O you heard about the Yelich deal a day before it was announced.

I think it was obvious he was getting traded - just not to who(m).  All signs point to NO as far as a Machado trade being iminent.  

...and there isn't a team in New Orleans.  

7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Beggars can't be choosers I guess. I draw the line at drinking it with my pinky extended though. 

LOL.  Between catching in baseball, third base in softball, playing football, and basketball over the course of so many years, I've broken both pinkies so many times that I have no choice but to keep my pinky extended when I drink.  xD

11 minutes ago, theocean said:

I don't think the Orioles would have announced Manny was going to be there and sold tickets to his autograph session if this was true. It's pretty clear the O's FO is upset about him not attending.

Good point.

I had read that Buck mentioned tha he will have the Manny SS or 3B issue resolved by fan fest. My guess is Buck decided on keeping Manny at 3B and he's being a baby about it. 

Schoop and Machado. They are best friends. Both probably aren't planning on playing here much longer. And both aren't showing up at Fanfest. Coincidence? No way.

Both of them thumbing their noses at the team and the fans. 

This off season is the worst ever.

8 minutes ago, oriole said:

Good point.

I had read that Buck mentioned tha he will have the Manny SS or 3B issue resolved by fan fest. My guess is Buck decided on keeping Manny at 3B and he's being a baby about it. 

That kind of rings true to me.   Could he have roped his best friend into an ill-advised boycott?

Archived