Fanfest

Going Underground

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Good grief DD. You are a hopeless case. 

He has no idea how to deal with a difficult owner.   It is your last year, Dan.   If you identify a critical deal that you think needs to get done and you know that ownership is likely going to have the same old, unreasonable problem with it, then go public.   Put it out there exactly- that you are offering X to Cobb or Lynn and that you are "confident" that ownership will support this when they see the details and that you believe it is ESSENTIAL to do this deal or that you might as well forget competing in 2018.    It might get you fired, but so what? At least everyone will know exactly who the problem is...as if we didn't already know.  

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

If Mancini is in RF, where do you have Mullins playing?

Mullins, Stewart, Santander, Hays, Mountcastle all have to prove themselves at the MLB level.  Not all of them will succeed, likely.  Before the comments about Mancini playing RF, it appeared that Mancini and Stewart were only LF (in the OF) and Mountcastle may not stick in the IF and have to play LF.  Having versatility is key.  In 2020 you could see a base of Stewart, Mullins and Hays from left to right and Mancini DH.

46 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m not sure what people are expecting from Duquette, here. We have an owner who has shown time and time again that he is perfectly willing to sabotage lots of hard work done by his baseball people and until someone can prove different, that’s my first assumption here.

Good luck hiring the next unwitting twit, PGA!!!! 

Can be real depressing around here at times. Part of being an Orioles fan, baby. Wear it.

If Dan has made a concrete offer to a free agent pitcher this winter that Peter Angelos has said NO to, then Dan simply needs to  leak it (and I mean leak every single detail- yes, I wanted to offer Alex Cobb...4 years, etc. etc.   but Peter Angelos vetoed this recommendation) or just come out and have an interview and do it yourself.  It will get you fired, but hey,  you are gone after this year anyway.  

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He has no idea how to deal with a difficult owner.   It is your last year, Dan.   If you identify a critical deal that you think needs to get done and you know that ownership is likely going to have the same old, unreasonable problem with it, then go public.   Put it out there exactly- that you are offering X to Cobb or Lynn and that you are "confident" that ownership will support this when they see the details and that you believe it is ESSENTIAL to do this deal or that you might as well forget competing in 2018.    It might get you fired, but so what? At least everyone will know exactly who the problem is...as if we didn't already know.  

Yea, that sets you up nicely for future employment. I don't think there's much doubt in baseball management circles, where the problem is with the Orioles front office

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Gausman threw across his body too much last year and it put some pressure on different parts of his body. He's gone back to the drawing board this offseason and is working on Landing with his foot in a straight line towards home plate

Gonna throw more sinkers this year.  The book is out on me that I throw hard, I'll get more ground balls.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Gausman threw across his body too much last year and it put some pressure on different parts of his body. He's gone back to the drawing board this offseason and is working on Landing with his foot in a straight line towards home plate

So that means we get to see a middling Gausman until he figures things out post all star break.  The Gausman roller coaster ride goes on.

12 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yeah publically insubordinate your boss, that is definitely the way to go. That will show Pete!

And I guess he has just been bumbling through the last 6 years, not able to deal with said owner as he has done something that no other GM in the last 25 years has done...win.

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So that means we get to see a middling Gausman until he figures things out post all star break.  The Gausman roller coaster ride goes on.

Or it could mean he's making the proper mechanical adjustments that will help him avoid the slumps he had last year

Just now, SteveA said:

Bundy looks in great shape, he's been hitting the weights hard.  Says he lost a lot of weight during the season last year

Doesn't work on specific pictures in the offseason that's not the time for it. Plans to work on his changeup a lot in spring training

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Doesn't work on specific pictures in the offseason that's not the time for it. Plans to work on his changeup a lot in spring training

Loves to hunt, spent all Oct-Nov hunting m. Got 2 bucks and a doe.  One day he wants to hunt wild boars...with a spear

Archived