My 25-man roster prediction (as of 3/7/18)

interloper

Just checking in after two weeks. Rickard has been confirmed sent to AAA, Hays should follow shortly. Tejada is out. 

There are a few factors that would kill my prediction:

1. If Tillman continues to be ineffective

2. If Davis hits the DL

3. If Rodriguez forces his way onto the team

4. If we acquire Ryan Flaherty

5. If we sign Cobb

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If Flaherty is acquired, do we lose Gentry or Valencia?

I would think Valencia, although weirder things have happened. The team does have Santander after all. It would be tough for Buck to willingly lose Gentry since he likes him and since he's had a great spring. 

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't understand why we would even consider having Flaherty over Valencia.  Unless some other moves are made, this would make absolutely no sense to me.

I agree. I mean the team seems ready to try and survive with Valencia as a UIF and Beckham backing up SS. Valencia makes your bench vastly more potent, if you think you can survive his lack of defense.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree. I mean the team seems ready to try and survive with Valencia as a UIF and Beckham backing up SS. Valencia makes your bench vastly more potent, if you think you can survive his lack of defense.

Yeah, I understand that Valencia likely only fills the corners, but if someone is injured for an extended period of time, you can bring up someone from Norfolk to be the utility player.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would think Valencia, although weirder things have happened. The team does have Santander after all. It would be tough for Buck to willingly lose Gentry since he likes him and since he's had a great spring. 

I pray it’s Gentry. Danny V can hit! 

4 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Yeah, I understand that Valencia likely only fills the corners, but if someone is injured for an extended period of time, you can bring up someone from Norfolk to be the utility player.

Totally. UIF seems like an overrated need most of the time to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't understand why we would even consider having Flaherty over Valencia.  Unless some other moves are made, this would make absolutely no sense to me.

Valencia is a lefty masher but our team is already unbalanced on the RH side. If Santander starts against a RHP, we would not have a lefty on the bench (other than possibly Sisco, who may not make the team).

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Valencia is a lefty masher but our team is already unbalanced on the RH side. If Santander starts against a RHP, we would not have a lefty on the bench (other than possibly Sisco, who may not make the team).

You make a good point.   I think I'd still like the AB's that Valencia will give us against LHP over the AB's that Flaherty will provide against RHP.    Valencia should see far more playing time.

20 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

You make a good point.   I think I'd still like the AB's that Valencia will give us against LHP over the AB's that Flaherty will provide against RHP.    Valencia should see far more playing time.

Agreed! I hope you are right!

Pedro or Flaherty/utility IF for the 13th spot, I guess with Gentry making it.  

You could go with Pedro, or you could give those DH ABs to Santander. Keep a 13th pitcher.

Santander RF, Gentry LF, Valencia 1B, Mancini DH against tough lefties.

Archived