David Dahl

millertime

8 minutes ago, millertime said:

Now that it appears the Rockies are being Cargo back, I’d love to see the O’s reach out to them to see if they’d be willing to trade David Dahl and what they’d be looking for in return.

I like David Dahl, but I don't see the fit, I'd love to move Brach + for Dahl, but I don't see the team doing that while at least pretending to try and compete. Who could the Rockies want that wouldn't weaken the O's more than Dahl helps them?

I doubt he's available - he's earned himself a pretty big doghouse in the org's eyes and is probably going to have to do some AAA to get back in their good graces and prove health, but he's a CF defender and Blackmon is a free agent after this year.  Now if Blackmon re-signs, that's when their phone will ring a lot.

1 hour ago, millertime said:

Now that it appears the Rockies are being Cargo back, I’d love to see the O’s reach out to them to see if they’d be willing to trade David Dahl and what they’d be looking for in return.

Isn't this kind of like saying the O's would trade Hays because they signed Rasmus?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Makes sense to me if the Orioles are all in.Maybe they would take Harvey and a lower minor league pitcher like Sedlock.Get her done.

What?  What?  You want to trade two high pedigree, low value (due to injury) pitching prospects for an outfielder?  O realize hes good but is that best use of the Orioles resources, especially given they seem to have a number of well thought of OF prospects.

22 hours ago, interloper said:

Isn't this kind of like saying the O's would trade Hays because they signed Rasmus?

I can see why you would suggest this but no, not really.  I’d venture to say Cargo is considerably better than Rasmus and while they only signed him to a 1 year deal, if they can upgrade their team by trading Dahl, I’d absolutely consider it.  I love Hayes personally but does that mean we don’t at least entertain offers for him and potentially trade him if we get offered the right package?

9 minutes ago, millertime said:

I can see why you would suggest this but no, not really.  I’d venture to say Cargo is considerably better than Rasmus and while they only signed him to a 1 year deal, if they can upgrade their team by trading Dahl, I’d absolutely consider it.  I love Hayes personally but does that mean we don’t at least entertain offers for him and potentially trade him if we get offered the right package?

Rasmus has been the more valuable player over the last 4 years. Of course there is the hip concern with Rasmus. 

But more to the point, what would you be willing to give up for Dahl?

edit: to expand upon my claim that Rasmus has been the more valuable player. Fangraphs, Baseball Reference, and Baseball Prospectus's flavors of WAR each find Rasmus to be more valuable over the past 4 seasons. You can even pick the most favorable WAR for Cargo and compare it to the least favorable WAR for Rasmus and Rasmus still wins. 

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Rasmus has been the more valuable player over the last 4 years. Of course there is the hip concern with Rasmus. 

But more to the point, what would you be willing to give up for Dahl?

edit: to expand upon my claim that Rasmus has been the more valuable player. Fangraphs, Baseball Reference, and Baseball Prospectus's flavors of WAR each find Rasmus to be more valuable over the past 4 seasons. You can even pick the most favorable WAR for Cargo and compare it to the least favorable WAR for Rasmus and Rasmus still wins. 

I think we’re good with a Rasmus/Gentry platoon with Santander having a chance to surprise. The good thing about this year is that we have Hays, Mullins, Stewart and Santander. They are going to have hot streaks and we’re going to want them up here. It’s nice to have prospects in AAA. 

Archived