The Orioles are sneaky

Ohfan67

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I have  a few non baseball family members in Florida that loves Sarasota, but only when Baseball isn't in town. :)

I really like Sarasota and the surrounding area.    There’s a lot to do there besides baseball.  And I don’t think the spring training crowd is much of an impediment — the stadium holds fewer than 8,000 people.    March would be a busy time there no matter what, since it’s probably about the best month weather-wise and it coincides with spring break for a lot of students.    But I’ve found traffic there quite tolerable unless you are trying to drive to the beach areas in the morning.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really like Sarasota and the surrounding area.    There’s a lot to do there besides baseball.  And I don’t think the spring training crowd is much of an impediment — the stadium holds fewer than 8,000 people.    March would be a busy time there no matter what, since it’s probably about the best month weather-wise and it coincides with spring break for a lot of students.    But I’ve found traffic there quite tolerable unless you are trying to drive to the beach areas in the morning.

That must be it, they are ex-Marylanders loving living in Florida year-round, and are really big beach people, making it a point to go as often as possible, even on Christmas day.

51 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Granted the fan in me, wishes it wasn't so.

But, how some posters feel the need to knock the organization, for keeping things in-house, until its proper time.

You have to respect that. At least IMO.

Yeah, they are real quiet. We barely heard about the Blue Jays wanting DD :)

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

The volume of people, makes it not always easy to get a hotel room, or sit down seat at a good restaurant. See Frobby's post, its a good one.

Why, DD has never been one to play that game, not sure, why its all to understand.

I find it interesting. I understand it. 

The volume of people, makes it not always easy to get a hotel room, or sit down seat at a good restaurant. See Frobby's post, its a good one.

Why, DD has never been one to play that game, not sure, why its all to understand.

What does being crowded have to do with the media not hearing anything about the Cobb signing? That's the part I didn't understand. I don't think there were no rumors of this move because Cobb was mingling in a huge crowd of tourists. Not trying to be snarky, I just don't get the connection. 

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

What does being crowded have to do with the media not hearing anything about the Cobb signing? That's the part I didn't understand. I don't think there were no rumors of this move because Cobb was mingling in a huge crowd of tourists. Not trying to be snarky, I just don't get the connection. 

When somebody walks into a room of 2-3 people in it, he gets noticed, when somebody is walking among the throng, its easy to blend in.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

When somebody walks into a room of 2-3 people in it, he gets noticed, when somebody is walking among the throng, its easy to blend in.

I was not discussing the probability that a reporter would pick him out of the crowd at the Cheese Cake Factory or on the beach. I was talking about the total lack of rumors from the Warehouse group, players agents, and the ever increasing number of people associated with the organization, the medical personnel, the agents group, and perhaps MLB and many others that must learn about these signings as the process for Cobb to be in Sarasota and take a physical develops. Not sure why it's hard to understand. :|

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

I was not discussing the probability that a reporter would pick him out of the crowd at the Cheese Cake Factory or on the beach. I was talking about the total lack of rumors from the Warehouse group, players agents, and the ever increasing number of people associated with the organization, the medical personnel, the agents group, and perhaps MLB and many others that must learn about these signings as the process for Cobb to be in Sarasota and take a physical. Not sure why it's hard to understand. :|

No worries, just me being dense! :)

If that's the case McDonalds drive thru would work. Anyway it would for me. I wish I could go to ST. Would be a lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

For those of us who live in Florida year round the winter months while having the best weather are a nuisance in some ways becuz of all the visitors and snowbirds clogging up our roads and restaurants.  But Sarasota was bad before the Orioles arrived.  My father-n-law lives on Longboat Key and that whole area along with St Armands Circle and Sarasota is a congested mess in season.  Its not just March.

BTW, October is great weather there.  IMO better than March.

I live in PSL now and we have to deal with all the Mets NYers coming down for spring training.  In March all the restaurants in St Lucie West are crowded and you have to wait to get a table.  Hotel rates are about 2 1/2 times the normal rates.  Im not sure how that works with the gouging laws.  But the spring training visitors are a nuisance for the residents.  

• 4 weeks later...

Archived