Chris Davis to leadoff?

gtman55

Chris Davis.. the contract from hell. We're doomed. ;)

Seriously though sometimes Buck does unexplainable things. Smart guy but odd. Things like Davis leading off or using Ubaldo and not Britton with the season on the line. I like Buck but sometimes I just think he tries to be too "cute" for his own good.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Seriously though sometimes Buck does unexplainable things. Smart guy but odd.

Well this year is a walk year, and maybe a retirement year. You might see some crazy stuff from Buck just “because”. How often are you going to have a manager with nothing to lose experiment? In a way, it’s kind of refreshing.

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think I said earlier that I was open to this.

I'm now closed.

Do something else.  This is terrible.

Agreed. No harm in trying, but Davis is not getting the job done at leadoff.  Time for a change.

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Weird thing is Davis only has one strikeout.  He's putting the ball into play, but can't even come close to making good contact.  

I think this is an important part to take into consideration. Last year despite how bad he was, he still batted over .300 with batted balls in play. So I believe if he continues to drastically reduce the strikeouts I think his numbers will begin to start looking lot better  

22 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

I think this is an important part to take into consideration. Last year despite how bad he was, he still batted over .300 with batted balls in play. So I believe if he continues to drastically reduce the strikeouts I think his numbers will begin to start looking lot better  

100%, if he continues to strike out less than 20% of the time (at 7.1% currently) he'll be very good.

The problem is, as you likely realize, that we have 4,711 PA worth of data that tells us that won't happen. He's struck out 31.9% of the time over parts of 11 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

100%, if he continues to strike out less than 20% of the time (at 7.1% currently) he'll be very good.

The problem is, as you likely realize, that we have 4,711 PA worth of data that tells us that won't happen. He's struck out 31.9% of the time over parts of 11 seasons.

Do you ever sleep?

im at work. What’s your excuse?  Lol

Here's the problem. You can't sugar coat it. Davis basically sucks. He's paid like a superstar but plays like a washed up AAA guy. We're stuck because of the ridiculous contract Angelos signed him to.

3 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Here's the problem. You can't sugar coat it. Davis basically sucks. He's paid like a superstar but plays like a washed up AAA guy. We're stuck because of the ridiculous contract Angelos signed him to.

I’m worried about Davis, but won’t jump to any conclusions based on three games.    

5 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Guys, this whole CD leading off thing leads to the bigger question. Why doesn't this team have a legitimate leadoff hitter?

Because Dexter Fowler is playing in St. Louis and not Baltimore.   And the organization doesn’t seem to value OBP or speed very much.   

Archived