Is anyone actually going to watch the next two games?

interloper

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not fairweather fan, I suffered through the dark years just like everybody else. But doing that made me smarter about my time and learning how bad games affect myself and those around me. 

I've got better things to do with my time than watch Chris Tillman throw his 88mph junk at the world's finest baseball team. I'll tune in every now and then, and I'll watch in full as the season goes on. But time is precious. We only have so much. I'm not spending it on Chris Tillman. Not until he shows me something. 

And, hopefully, I'll be super wrong and - like I always do in this forum - I'll happily own up to it right back on this thread! 

I don’t like questioning people’s fandom, but hey if three games is enough to make you not watch, you probably aren’t much of a fan and you probably don’t love the sport of baseball either. I don’t think there is really any other way to put it. 

I'll be watching.

FTR, just based on the Vegas betting line, the Astros are not as big a favorite as the Cubs were in any of their 4 games at Miami this weekend.   They split the 4 game series.

The Orioles are nowhere near as big a favorite as the Dodgers were on Opening Day (Kershaw vs Ty Blach) which is the biggest betting line of the year so far (-320).   San Francisco won 1-0.

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You are like the anti me. I have a household of 3 now and we have 5 TVs on three different levels of the house! You never can have enough space to do your thing! lol Seriously though, I could not imagine having only one TV in house if it were just my wife and I! lol

We only have one TV as well.   Don't think TVs in bedroom or kitchen is a good idea.   I can't watch the games until around 830 as that is when my daughters bedtime. 

5 hours ago, interloper said:

I'm not sure you understand who exactly is playing.. lol. We're talking about Chris Tillman and Mike Wright versus the World Champions at home facing the guy who won both game 7's last year, Justin Verlander, and then just in case you wanted to lock in Bundy for a win, he's got to face the Cy Young winner Keuchel. 

I value my health far too much to willingly subject my heart/blood pressure to this. 

Why don't you want to watch the best team in the game?   

I would also like to see how Tillman pitches. 

Archived