Corban Joseph at 2B

wildcard

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Caleb's  brother, Corban, (29) is playing  second base for the Baysox.    He has a  757 career OPS  at AAA wi a 342 OBP.     He is a left-handed hitter who had a 870 OPS vs rightahnded  pitching at AAA in 2016 at Norfolk.  He is off to a hot start at Bowie with a 968 OPS this season.      He may be of more use to the O's  than Vielma  while Schoop is out.

Can Corbin play SS.and 3B? that's what we need. A UTIF.

11 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Can Corbin play SS.and 3B? that's what we need. A UTIF.

8 minutes ago, weams said:

He played first base last night.  I don't think he is a shortstop. 

He has never played a game at shortstop. He does have multiple games at 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and outfield.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Great.  I’m hoping Tony, Luke or Chris Slade will have a look at the tape and give their opinions.  

Tony, Luke, and Chris... I assume these are the only videos that are available to watch.

Corban  had 3 more hits including a double last night.  He is trying to be hard to ignore.

457/472/600/1072.  As a lefty he probably will not be called up  while the O's are facing lefties the next two games.

Corban has an option left.

He’s our best option with Schoop out. He’s been a good organizational guy for us the last two years that has been willing to play in AAA/AA. He’s left handed. Doesn’t strikeout. Career .340+ OBP in AA & AAA. Add him to Gentry, Sisco, and Mancini, and you start to have some guys that work the pitcher/count. 

Archived