Our 3B Defense is Atrocious!

pastorfan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I’m not sure I understand.  The results are exactly what I said I expected when Machado was announced as starting shortstop.

But Beckham didn't become a good shortstop in the eyes of O's fans until the switch was announced. Last season he made a bunch of throwing errors and his inconsistency in the field was a big topic of conversation. Right now he is second among AL 3B in assists, so he may not be as bad there as many suggest.

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

But Beckham didn't become a good shortstop in the eyes of O's fans until the switch was announced. Last season he made a bunch of throwing errors and his inconsistency in the field was a big topic of conversation. Right now he is second among AL 3B in assists, so he may not be as bad there as many suggest.

I never complained about his defense at short.

Looked better than what I have seen of him at third.

1 hour ago, Hostmom2015 said:

Briñg up Anderson Feliz from Norfolk! He's a solid third baseman but you give up a bit of offense.

We have Engelb VIelma on the roster now.   I've heard him described as an "elite" infield defender.

And not a major league bat.   But we aren't getting major league hitting from several spots in our lineup anyway.

23 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

I'd much rather listen to you do a game than Bordick, I can assure you of that!

If Can did color commentary, the team flights would be interesting.   I'm sure we'd have more than a few #PriceVsEck type situations.

Just now, SteveA said:

You didn't get the memo?   Today we are supposed to pile on Coolbaugh.

Buck's day will come.

My point is facing Sale and we can’t hit is not the day I would play another guy who can’t hit. 

It is always someone’s fault....

Organizations win and organizations lose. I have always believed that. 

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

That just means a lot of balls are hit to 3B. I'd rather have Manny there.

6 hours ago, FanSince88 said:

Meanwhile, Flaherty keeps raking for Atlanta.  Great job adding infield depth, front office.  

Oh god is Flaherty going to be our Arrieta this year.  They both stunk those 4-5 years here and almost everyone wanted them off the team.  

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed that Manny is better at 3rd for this team.  Beckham to SS.

Anyway, the best defender at 3rd is that dude out in Colorado.  No one here wants to admit it but Arenado is the better defender at 3B.

Let's trade Tillman for him.

4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Yeah they seem to forget how bad Beckham was at SS last year.  He committed 9 errors at SS last year in 49 games here while just 2 errors at third in 15 so far.    The SS usually gets the most work of the infielders that is why you want your best player there.

I think if the team is worried about Schoop for a month bring out they may look at adding a player from outside organization.  The Cardinals come to mind as they have Jedd Gyorko comming off dL very soon and have a glut of infielders that they can’t option.  They have Dejong, Wong, Carpenter, Garcia, and Gyorko.

Archived