This team is cooked

LookitsPuck

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The slide started when they failed to sign Nelson Cruz and Andrew Miller after being four games away from the WS. Instead they signed Davis and O'Day. And then Trumbo to top it off. They fully deserve what they are getting. 

4 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The slide started when they failed to sign Nelson Cruz and Andrew Miller after being four games away from the WS. Instead they signed Davis and O'Day. And then Trumbo to top it off. They fully deserve what they are getting. 

I'm going to say the real issue was the following off-season when instead of four first round picks they ended up with Davis, Gallardo and Wieters.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm going to say the real issue was the following off-season when instead of four first round picks they ended up with Davis, Gallardo and Wieters.

So many mistakes it makes you head spin. They managed to turn a great situation into a very bad one over a short span of time.

No. 45: Nelson Cruz, DH, Seattle Mariners

2017 rank: 54

ZiPS projected 2018 WAR: 2.2

Did you know? From 2014 through 2017, Cruz hit more home runs than any other player in the majors. Last year, in his age-36 season, he finished one long ball shy of recording his fourth consecutive season with 40 home runs. -- Foreman, ESPN Stats & Information

7 hours ago, Tbone83 said:

Yeah this squad is populated by defending (but aging) last place finishers. 

I don't want to jump the gun, nor am I seeking any "I told you so" enjoyment, but I fear this may be the end of "the run" of the past half decade. The end of last season has bled into the start of this season, so I don't think the sample size is too small. I will be overjoyed if I am wrong, but I think the "run" is going to have a very definable beginning and end date. Game 162 2011- Wild Card Game 2016. 

Last year was the end of that.

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

That and DD sat on his hands all off season while flirting with the Blue Jays.  

I simply don't understand how they can operate without some semblance of intelligence and structure.  Who decided Cobb was ready to start major league games?  Did someone actually watch him and think he wouldn't benefit from a few [more] starts in the minors?  Screw it, he hasn't had spring training but it's cool if we just let him get lit up in real games.  Are we really keeping a wretched Wright around just because he's bros with Brady?  This is about winning baseball games, it's not some little league recreational program.  It goes on and on and on.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I remember a couple years ago when I got a lot of hate for criticizing how the offense was constructed. So far this season I have watched a total of about 5 innings and it feels great!

DD has been lying about OBP for years.  He obviously doesn't care.  I've been adamant about how much I hate this offense for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I simply don't understand how they can operate without some semblance of intelligence and structure.  Who decided Cobb was ready to start major league games?  Did someone actually watch him and think he wouldn't benefit from a few [more] starts in the minors?  Screw it, he hasn't had spring training but it's cool if we just let him get lit up in real games.  Are we really keeping a wretched Wright around just because he's bros with Brady?  This is about winning baseball games, it's not some little league recreational program.  It goes on and on and on.

If Cobb had a rocket arm like Syndergaard, I could get it.  Cobb needs to have a good feel for the location of his pitches, he just can't blow away hitter like Syndergaard.

Archived