How about Fresno St?

Sports Guy

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so if it needs to be moved, please do so.

I don't follow college bball that much but Fresno St just beat UNC(isn't it always great when the Heels lose? :) ) to go face GBeck and the rest of Georgia for the CWS title.

My understanding is FSU is seeded like a 14-16 seed would be in the Men's Basketball tourney. We are talking George Mason here.

Quite an impressive feat by that team.

I think I read somewhere that only once since they started the Super Regional format had a 4 seed even made it out of the first weekend. Its clearly equivilent to George Mason in terms of cinderella, if not more so, considering they lost Scheppers before the WAC tourney started.

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so if it needs to be moved, please do so.

I don't follow college bball that much but Fresno St just beat UNC(isn't it always great when the Heels lose? :) ) to go face GBeck and the rest of Georgia for the CWS title.

My understanding is FSU is seeded like a 14-16 seed would be in the Men's Basketball tourney. We are talking George Mason here.

Quite an impressive feat by that team.

I'm going to vote "No" on that one.

Very impressive run for Fresno St. Congrats to the Heels for going to their third straight CWS.

I wish more college baseball was shown on national TV. I really think that it could become somewhat popular. Not as much as football or basketball, but I bet if ABC or CBS picked up a double-header every weekend and more attention was given to it on ESPN, it would develop a decent following.

I wish more college baseball was shown on national TV. I really think that it could become somewhat popular. Not as much as football or basketball, but I bet if ABC or CBS picked up a double-header every weekend and more attention was given to it on ESPN, it would develop a decent following.

And then, maybe they can give out more scholarships!!

Nah. It's the sound of those damn bats. It makes people run in the other direction.

Of course, if the TV guys can invent yellow lines that aren't there on the football field, maybe they can make wood-bat sounds come out of my TV when a college guy hits the ball with that piece of metal pipe in his hand...

Nah. It's the sound of those damn bats. It makes people run in the other direction.

Of course, if the TV guys can invent yellow lines that aren't there on the football field, maybe they can make wood-bat sounds come out of my TV when a college guy hits the ball with that piece of metal pipe in his hand...

I would think they would have done it already if they could.

I know what you mean. Every time there's a college baseball game on in the background, I wonder if ESPN has reverted to type and started to show horseshoe tournaments again.

Archived