Time to start DFA people

atomic

We have a bunch of guys who don't belong in big leagues. 

Satander hits like a pitcher and isn't great fielder.  See you 

Joseph can't hit either.  Went a whole season without an RBI currently hitting .077.  See you 

Gentry has proven he isn't major League player and he is old.  Goodbye. 

Wright is 28 and has been consistently awful his whole career.  Time to hit the bricks. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santander is a Rule V player that will be in the minors very soon. Might as well keep him on the roster since we aren't going anywhere this season. Joseph is a capable 2nd catcher and needs to be kept for this season till Sisco is ready for full time role. Gentry is needed for OF defense right now as Jones and Mancini are slow out there. Wright-yeah, he can go. Or you could try him as a one inning relief pitcher and see if he improves.

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Joseph can't hit either.  Went a whole season without an RBI currently hitting .077.  See you 

Wright is 28 and has been consistently awful his whole career.  Time to hit the bricks. 

Gentry has been worth more than a win in value right now over Jones, why not DFA Jones?

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

Really? Come on man.

I strongly believe Santander will be good. Joseph is a great catcher.

Gentry and Wright-no argument.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So wait, you’re saying you’d DFA Gentry and give Jones a pass, is that accurate?

Based on what?

Jones is the face of the franchise and a leader. He will have his number retired.

Gentry is a fringe player that can barely hit and can’t stay healthy.

This discussion is disrespectful to Adam Jones.

Travis Snider had 1.0 WAR too and he was garbage.

Just now, Rene88 said:

Jones is the face of the franchise and a leader. He will have his number retired.

So that means he has performed well thus far this year?

And please cut me a small break about this conversation being DISRESPECTFUL to Adam Jones. This isn’t the Simpsons where they’re taunting Strawberry and he cries because of it. Adam Jones is my favorite Oriole. He’s piled up clutch hits for 10 years. But facts are facts. 

Give him a statue if you want, but don’t let the past cloud your vision about what you’re seeing now. That’s the “Chris Davis Effect.” C’mon. 

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gentry has been worth more than a win in value right now over Jones, why not DFA Jones?

The dislike for Gentry reminds me of the irrational hatred this board had against Flaherty for years. Now Flaherty's gone and the infield defense has been a disaster since Schoop went down because this team doesn't have a competent utility infielder. 

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Brooks is a legend.  He wasn't an asset to the team his last couple of years.  He would tell you as much himself.

I honestly think the team would have been better off so far this year with Mullins up instead of Jones.  At least Mullins has a plus glove.

Jones has been poor this year and I'll keep saying it as long as it's true.

Downvote me all you want.

A lot of our bullpen arms are at least as deserving of a DFA as the worst of our offensive players. Basically every bullpen arm except Bleier has been a dumpster fire, or at least has had multiple bad games. We haven't had decent bullpen performances since those extra inning games we won in New York. Araujo and even Castro should be sent down if possible or just released. Colossal disappointments all around. And O'day is a shadow of his former self; Darth Vader must've skewered him with his saber. Get rid of him.

Archived