Time to start DFA people

atomic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Twice he could have got the runner at second if he threw it quicker.Beckham was waiting for one throw that never made it there.He was holding his glove to receive the throw.Never came and then walked back to third kicking the dirt and shaking his head.He then starting explaining it to the ump and was still shaking his head.

That was because Sardinas cut off the throw for some reason.

4 hours ago, atomic said:

We have a bunch of guys who don't belong in big leagues. 

Satander hits like a pitcher and isn't great fielder.  See you 

Joseph can't hit either.  Went a whole season without an RBI currently hitting .077.  See you 

Gentry has proven he isn't major League player and he is old.  Goodbye. 

Wright is 28 and has been consistently awful his whole career.  Time to hit the bricks. 

Who plays RF if Gentry goes. 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

Then why send them down if those coming up aren't better? 

Because the guys replacing them have a future with the organization. You wouldn't be sending guys down, you'd be sending them out, because they have no future with the organization.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

How's your wife and my kid?

IMO, the opening posts in these threads assume that if we start DFA'ing people we'll just automatically be better for some reason.  

We won't. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Tillman gone. 

12 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Who plays RF if Gentry goes. 

Rickard.  He is 8 years younger than Gentry and is a similar player and also right handed.  Rickard has about 200 AAA at bats since 2015.  Maybe some would argue he needs another full year in Norfolk, but he's nearly 27 at this point.  How much longer does he really need?  He should be able to do at least as well as Gentry.   I say bring Rickard back and see if he can improve on his MLB performance the past two seasons.  He has at least one option so if he struggles, he can always be sent back down.  

4 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

Rickard.  He is 8 years younger than Gentry and is a similar player and also right handed.  Rickard has about 200 AAA at bats since 2015.  Maybe some would argue he needs another full year in Norfolk, but he's nearly 27 at this point.  How much longer does he really need?  He should be able to do at least as well as Gentry.   I say bring Rickard back and see if he can improve on his MLB performance the past two seasons.  He has at least one option so if he struggles, he can always be sent back down.  

His option is ready used for the entire2018 season.He has on for 2019 as well. 

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Santander is a Rule V player that will be in the minors very soon. Might as well keep him on the roster since we aren't going anywhere this season. Joseph is a capable 2nd catcher and needs to be kept for this season till Sisco is ready for full time role. Gentry is needed for OF defense right now as Jones and Mancini are slow out there. Wright-yeah, he can go. Or you could try him as a one inning relief pitcher and see if he improves.

As far as I am concerned with throwing out three guys the other day Sisco is ready. IMHO he should get the lions share of the job. Joseph is a backup

4 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I'd be fine with Hays if he is ready. But isn't he in 2A? 

AA or AAA, it doesn't matter. If they feel he can help, he will come up.

They can bring up Rickard. Not much power, but he is making contact and getting on base in Norfolk. Plus, if you DFA Gentry, you can move Mullins or Hays up to AAA for that spot.

Archived