Sisco removed from game (5/1 edition)

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Unless he has a hearing issue, I'm not sure how Sisco did not hear Alvarez calling for that ball. On top of it, that's always going to be the third baseman's ball. 

Sounds like he's going to be fine, but goodness gracious, he needs a little more awareness during popups.

He is afterall, a very young and unseasoned big leaguer.

He also wouldn't be the first Oriole catcher, to not pull off the ball, after being called off by his infielder. :)

I wish I could remember the details better, but I remember a similar situation, deep in foul grounds, it involved a near collusion, only because the infielder saw the catcher refusing to give up on the ball, and pulled himself off. After the catch, they stood together and had a pretty good discussion, and I am sure, they was not discussing what Pickles has on tap. :)

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Unless he has a hearing issue, I'm not sure how Sisco did not hear Alvarez calling for that ball. On top of it, that's always going to be the third baseman's ball. 

Sounds like he's going to be fine, but goodness gracious, he needs a little more awareness during popups.

Just pressing/trying to do too much.  I’m sure if that was Machado there he would have yielded. I imagine the team got some type of talk about helping Alvarez out at 3rd. 

I hope the dude is ok and that his face didn’t mess up Pedro’s swinging arm. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Just pressing/trying to do too much.  I’m sure if that was Machado there he would have yielded. I imagine the team got some type of talk about helping Alvarez out at 3rd. 

I hope the dude is ok and that his face didn’t mess up Pedro’s swinging arm. 

Pedro didn't even react like a human just got taken out by him. The bull has horns!

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

It didn't help that Alvarez looks twice his size.  Pedro reacted as if a flea hit him, while Sisco went down like a freight train hit him.  

Manfred will suspend Pedro for 3 games because collisions with catchers are banned. 

I'm surprised Pedro didn't stand over him, Ali style.

Archived