Palmer sounds like he's had enough.

Santandah

At this point, listening to Jim Palmer call games is pretty much the only reason I'm tuning in to watch this train wreck. His cache of insight into baseball and his team is truly the organization's gem.

He doesn't hold punches, calls em like he sees em, and talks with constructive criticism. But it sounds like he's had enough of this team. He really got on Manny for making a bad throw to Peterson, and then in the top of the 9th, he went off when Chance Sisco swung at a 3-1 pitch. 

As Sisco steps to the plate, Palmer says, "You've got to imagine he's taking here. You're down by two runs. Make him throw a strike."

Sisco swings. Grounds out weakly. As the ball leaves the bat, Palmer lost it. 

"He's swinging. Unbelievable." But then he directs the frustration at Buck. "It's not Chance Sisco. You've got to give him the take there. You've got to force a guy who's all over the strike zone or the ball zone or whatever you want to call it to throw a strike. And you swing at it. It's nonsense."

Can't remember Palmer sounding this frustrated in a long time. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't everybody had enough? Here's a team that finished in last place last year and did nothing to improve their roster in the off-season .... is it no wonder that they are doing so poorly and their season is already over on May 4th? It takes a special kind of masochist to watch this team night after night.

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I figure we're in the tank for the next two years before showing steady improvement in 2020 under new management. 

It needs to be new ownership....hope Plank buys the team.

2 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

How is it that we are fielding a horrible defensive team, when Buck is a defense guy?

I don't know how bad our pitching is, because they are dealing with 8 guys behind them that can't make plays

Is Dook a "defense guy?"

6 hours ago, islebreeze said:

Hasn't everybody had enough? Here's a team that finished in last place last year and did nothing to improve their roster in the off-season .... is it no wonder that they are doing so poorly and their season is already over on May 4th? It takes a special kind of masochist to watch this team night after night.

Ownership doesn't care so why should we?  

14 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

How is it that we are fielding a horrible defensive team, when Buck is a defense guy?

I don't know how bad our pitching is, because they are dealing with 8 guys behind them that can't make plays

Those guys aren't all horrible defensive players. There are some players here who are playing only for themselves and not for the team. 

Archived