FEEL the power of the Dark Side...

Frobby

I will probably attend fewer games in Baltimore this year until they start the rebuild. I may drive up to Frederick and catch a few Keys games this summer, something I did frequently during the 14 year abyss. I can't watch season after season of bad baseball night after night anymore, that long stretch of losing took its tole.

I'm less than 3 miles from Nats Park and a solid one hour drive to Camden Yards. I'll be at Nats Park for at least two games this June when the Orioles play in DC, wearing my O's hat. Or if someone gives me free tickets, otherwise no thanks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY....most of my friends, neighbors and office mates want to talk Nats, not Orioles... Nats are a well run organization, O’s are totally dysfunctional... Nats are on a 6-game winning streak, O’s have lost 4 in a row and may never win again....Nats will probably contend for several more years at least, O’s are heading for the abyss....

Maybe it’s time I, er....shifted priorities.    I don’t know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string....

I am rather surprised by this post.  I thought you bleed Black and Orange.  I guess i was wrong.

The  O's may get better with Schoop and Britton's returning, Rickard will be promoted.  But they will not be contender for the second year in a row.    There will be player changes over the next year.   Young players will be promoted and acquired.  If the O's keep a 150m+ payroll they will be able to acquire some better players.    Its time for changes.  I am ready for that.

Nats?  Get a fly swatter.   I could not pick Bob Carpenter out of a line up.   I don't watch them and that will not change.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY....most of my friends, neighbors and office mates want to talk Nats, not Orioles... Nats are a well run organization, O’s are totally dysfunctional... Nats are on a 6-game winning streak, O’s have lost 4 in a row and may never win again....Nats will probably contend for several more years at least, O’s are heading for the abyss....

Maybe it’s time I, er....shifted priorities.    I don’t know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string....

I go to about 8 or 9 Nats games a year with a friend of mine who lives in Arlington.  I enjoy them.   Went last night.

But the Orioles are in my blood.   I've been a fan since I was a kid in the 70s.   When I get home from work I'm going to put on the Orioles game, not the Nats game.   I survived 1988, I survived 14 straight losing years, I can survive this downturn.

And as much as I rag on some of our broadcasters, I couldn't imagine sitting there listening to FP Santangelo 100+ times a year.

When I visit this Summer, I'm much more likely to go to Bowie and watch the future than go to Camden Yards and watch this train wreck.  

As far as MLB is concerned, I think I'll pay more attention to Nick & Flash in Atlanta.  Those guys are playing with a lot of heart.

I will always resent the Nats for conspiring with MLB to try to screw the Orioles on the MASN deal.  I believe that Mike Lerner got informal assurances when he bought the club that the RDC would be stacked in his favor when it came time to renegotiate the fees, and that the eventual outcome would be that the Nats would be free from the MASN deal.  So no, I will never root for the Nats, even though they will be a much better team than the O's for the next few seasons.  

Also, Nats Park is rinky dink, and their announcers are bush league.    

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I live 19 miles from Nats Park, 42 miles from OPACY ...... most of my friends, neighbors, and office mates want to talk about the Nationals, not the Orioles ...... The Nationals are a well-run organization, the Orioles are totally dysfunctional ......The Nationals are on a 6-game winning streak, the Orioles have lost 4 in a row and may never win again ...... The Nationals will probably contend for several more years at least, and the Orioles are heading for the abyss ......

Maybe its time I, er ...... shifted priorities. I dont know if I can spend 5 months watching a hapless team playing out the string ......

o

I signed an emotional contract with the Orioles when I was a 6 year-old boy, during the 1971 World Series. That contract lasts a lifetime, and it is non-negotiable.

If I ever moved to a house that was literally attached to Yankee Stadium, I would still hate the Yankees and love the Orioles. And I feel the same way about any other team in Major League Baseball, regardless of the geography of what my past, current, or future residences are. I do have a 2nd favorite team (the White Sox), but I would never supplant the Orioles with them as my favorite team and/or as the team that I most follow.

o

Archived