We don't need until Memorial Day

FanSince88

Team is now 17 games under .500.  Count em, Duquette, Brady, and Angelos clan.  Get on the phone.  We have assets.

Givens is controllable until 2021.  He has a track record and has quietly pitched very well in the last week or two.  We don't need relievers on a team that can't even score runs and has inconsistent starting pitching.  MacPhail got us Davis and Hunter for Koji.  Givens might return even more with his controllability.  Get on the phone and start shopping him around to teams who are contending this year and plan to contend beyond.  

One HBP or tweaked knee for Manny and we're screwed.  Get on the phone with contenders and try to get a bidding war started.  

O'Day is valuable to a contender.  Start a dialogue about him.

See if someone wants to give us a good return for Schoop.  We're not going to be good next year either, and unless we plan to extend Schoop we should be looking to deal him.  

Gausman has been looking really good lately.  See if he can get us multiple blue chip, MLB-ready prospects.  If not, hang on to him and try again next year.  

This is what the front office should be doing right now at bare minimum.  If DD/Brady aren't doing this, I hope they never work in baseball ever again after 2018.  If the Angelos clan won't authorize it, they should sell the team.  

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

The earlier you trade, the smaller the market is, but the more time that other teams get with your players on their roster.

Or you wait too long and teams go elsewhere to fill their needs.

Which is more of what I am worried about with the O's.

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

The earlier you trade, the smaller the market is, but the more time that other teams get with your players on their roster.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or you wait too long and teams go elsewhere to fill their needs.

Which is more of what I am worried about with the O's.

Or your trade chips get injured...

2 hours ago, FanSince88 said:

Team is now 17 games under .500.  Count em, Duquette, Brady, and Angelos clan.  Get on the phone.  We have assets.

Givens is controllable until 2021.  He has a track record and has quietly pitched very well in the last week or two.  We don't need relievers on a team that can't even score runs and has inconsistent starting pitching.  MacPhail got us Davis and Hunter for Koji.  Givens might return even more with his controllability.  Get on the phone and start shopping him around to teams who are contending this year and plan to contend beyond.  

One HBP or tweaked knee for Manny and we're screwed.  Get on the phone with contenders and try to get a bidding war started.  

O'Day is valuable to a contender.  Start a dialogue about him.

See if someone wants to give us a good return for Schoop.  We're not going to be good next year either, and unless we plan to extend Schoop we should be looking to deal him.  

Gausman has been looking really good lately.  See if he can get us multiple blue chip, MLB-ready prospects.  If not, hang on to him and try again next year.  

This is what the front office should be doing right now at bare minimum.  If DD/Brady aren't doing this, I hope they never work in baseball ever again after 2018.  If the Angelos clan won't authorize it, they should sell the team.  

Schoop can't be traded while on the DL. I agree with you however. Throw in Buck with any particular deal too. I am now officially embarrassed to wear my O's hat in public.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I agree, but the truth is, most of the other teams aren’t ready to deal yet.  Except maybe the Dodgers.   

Agree 100%. I just hope DD is actually having that conversation with the Dodgers now, and the whole "we're still evaluating the team" nonsense was really just a no comment.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I agree, but the truth is, most of the other teams aren’t ready to deal yet.  Except maybe the Dodgers.   

Also agree 100%. The entire team knows they are done. It's just a matter of when other teams are ready to deal.

Archived