Top 30 Prospects Stats

Greg Pappas

49 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I just discovered a cool resource to see the current stats of each teams top 30 prospects, per MLB.com.

Just choose any team in the drop down menu. It's very nice for all of this trade discussion.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/prospects/stats?dateRange=Year2018&minPA=1

Braves system looks good. Reaaaal good. 

27 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Braves system looks good. Reaaaal good. 

Yes, and they remain my favorite potential partner in just about any trade. OF Drew Waters, last year's second-round pick, is really coming on for them. Kolby Allard and Ian Anderson are the top two  pitching targets from my viewpoint, especially Allard. I also like Toussaint, Tarnac, Wilson and Wentz. 3B Austin Riley would be an ideal target, but I suspect it'd be tough to get him AND a pitcher like Allard.

22 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Great info Sir! Never understood why Chris Lee was a prospect. I guess it shows the status of our system.

Chris Lee was 23, and a left-handed starter with some success at A ball when acquired.  He has had some success at AA,  But now he is 25, oft injured and has not been able to establish himself at AAA.

1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yes, and they remain my favorite potential partner in just about any trade. OF Drew Waters, last year's second-round pick, is really coming on for them. Kolby Allard and Ian Anderson are the top two  pitching targets from my viewpoint, especially Allard. I also like Toussaint, Tarnac, Wilson and Wentz. 3B Austin Riley would be an ideal target, but I suspect it'd be tough to get him AND a pitcher like Allard.

Agreed.  Allard and Riley would be a great get for Machado.  I would even throw in someone like Brach or Britton and try to pry a 10-15 guy from them too, if possible.

I have been using the player tracker on this website for the last few months.  For some reason you have to link it to a twitter account to save the list of players you are tracking but once you have it set up it works great.  I am in a large dynasty league with deep minor leagues and it is a great tool.  I use it constantly. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, POR said:

I have been using the player tracker on this website for the last few months.  For some reason you have to link it to a twitter account to save the list of players you are tracking but once you have it set up it works great.  I am in a large dynasty league with deep minor leagues and it is a great tool.  I use it constantly. 

Ah cool, I hadn't realized you could track your own guys.

On a separate note: I feel that the Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, and Cardinals line up best as potential partners in any MM trade. 

On 6/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, Yardball85 said:

Agreed.  Allard and Riley would be a great get for Machado.  I would even throw in someone like Brach or Britton and try to pry a 10-15 guy from them too, if possible.

They need another arm, but I think you'd have to throw in someone like Givens to get too much more back. The Braves intrigue me because Anthopolis is a gunslinger, but they're ultimately a year or two ahead of schedule and have plenty of talent to be a top team for years. They could surprise, but I find it hard to believe they'll go this far for Machado given his contract status. I think they're more likely to go after controllable assets.

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

They need another arm, but I think you'd have to throw in someone like Givens to get too much more back. The Braves intrigue me because Anthopolis is a gunslinger, but they're ultimately a year or two ahead of schedule and have plenty of talent to be a top team for years. They could surprise, but I find it hard to believe they'll go this far for Machado given his contract status. I think they're more likely to go after controllable assets.

I agree with you that the Braves seem less likely than some other contenders to try for MM. Yet, as you alluded to, Anthopolis has never been trade shy.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:50 PM, Rene88 said:

Great info Sir! Never understood why Chris Lee was a prospect. I guess it shows the status of our system.

He was 44th in the system in my rankings, so that doesn't say anything bad about the O's system. It just shows the tendency of national outlets to go off old scouting reports.

Archived