[TheRinger] This Orioles Defense May Be the Worst We’ve Ever Seen

Enjoy Terror

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re 40 games under .500. It’s July. Do we really need stats to show that we’re historically bad?  

We’re just terrible. In every aspect. 

Starting pitching is half decent.  Which just shows how utterly abysmal the offense and defense has to be to be 40 under.  It really is unique, usually your starting pitching is a major determinant of your record.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Starting pitching is half decent.  Which just shows how utterly abysmal the offense and defense has to be to be 40 under.  It really is unique, usually your starting pitching is a major determinant of your record.

I thought of that too. Defense and the choking bullpen hurts the SP. I guess it’s the SP turn to take it on the chin. For years the bullpen and defense bailed them out. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I thought of that too. Defense and the choking bullpen hurts the SP. I guess it’s the SP turn to take it on the chin. For years the bullpen and defense bailed them out. 

This defense is abysmal. 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:49 PM, amdcpus said:

People act like Machado's defense isn't that bad. Yes it is, it is absolutely horrific, one of the absolute worst shortstops I have ever seen.

I would predict that he's never going to be a top defensive 3B again either. You have to have a certain mindset to play defense. It's unfortunate, but he is turning into a DH in front of our eyes. And he seems not to notice that this is costing him tens of millions in FA.

Archived