The Rebuild - Retool Discussion

Roll Tide

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

We're not going to stack our farm system by trading rentals. If we are doing a full rebuild, decisions need to be made soon on Schoop and Gausman.

I think we can write off 2019 have a competitive team in 2020. Since Schoop is not under control for 2020, we should be making a decision to either trade or extend him by this trade deadline.

He would have to be on fire to trade him (Schoop). I’m all in for trading Schoop and Gausman in the right deals.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, foxfield said:

I had a dream.....

The Orioles get the deal they want for Manny.  Britton heats up and gets a decent return as well.  Brach and Jones go for potential pieces.  In a surprise move the Orioles move Trumbo.

Orioles hire a GM and announce they will no longer block activity on the foreign markets.

Buck retained, Brady released.

O's in a surprise move....resign AJ to play RF.

Orioles Eat money and move Chris Davis to Yankees.  He of course explodes and brings them another title.

Orioles resign Manny.

WS in 2019.

To dream....the impossible dream!!!!!

LOL WOW  the only thing missing there is Robert Goulet belting out the song ?

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hays has been on the DL since May 24 and was struggling terribly at Bowie before that (.633 OPS).   He’s the last guy I’d want to see in Baltimore right now.    Hopefully he’ll start hitting once he’s back at Bowie.

Well then it's a good thing I didn't say bring him up right now.  I was talking about next season.

If everything goes the way I'd like to see it, 2019 will start for the O's with Hays in RF, Mullins in CF, Schoop at 3B, and Mountcastle at 2B, but a lot has to happen right for that to... happen.  And it doesn't just require the players to perform well; it requires management to actually plan well.  And at this point, I have ZERO confidence in management - especially with Brady Anderson and the Angelos family involved.  My gut feeling about Brady is that he and his leather jackets have the potential to be among the biggest jokes in baseball.  

Archived