August Trade Stock Watch

ScGO's

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Giants got back two top 30 prospects from the Yankees for McCutchen.  Gotta think that Jones would’ve brought back similar or likely a little bit better. Would’ve been nice to add that. 

Agreed.  Let us just pray we don't extend a qualifying offer at this point.  Unless I'm wrong and others think he wouldn't accept it.  Thoughts?

The only transactions between now and the Winter Meetings will be DFA's, maybe a waiver claim, and/or hopefully some intl signs.  In December we may hear names like Bundy, Cashner, Cobb, or Givens thrown around, but from here on out, could be quiet for a while.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

McCutchen is the superior player having the better year.

Good call. I added his OPS wrong after a quick glance on MLBTR. Needless to say, though he was having a really down year. Haha. 

I still think we could have gotten a decent return from Clev, Atl, or maybe a sleeper team like Oakland. 4-5 weeks in a different town is just like a long road trip at this point for Jones. He’ll be in a different uniform next year anyway.  It’s all about that tail gate. The team should’ve just pledged a bunch of money to it. 

40 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Giants got back two top 30 prospects from the Yankees for McCutchen.  Gotta think that Jones would’ve brought back similar or likely a little bit better. Would’ve been nice to add that. 

I think  most folks view them as similar. The F data separates them,  though probably in an exaggerated manner. 

Archived