All's Right with the World

MongoBoy

I also hate the Red Sox even more than the Yankees now. I think it's mainly because of the fans. I attended a game in August and they were so obnoxious. I remember them being obnoxious before we snapped our losing season streak, but it seems worse now.

The worst part was they were yelling a Rick Flair-like "Woooo!!" every 10 seconds or so. This must have gone on for hours. It was almost like the wave. One person would do it, then someone else would do it a few seconds later and it came back around. Has anyone witnessed this? I totally understand rooting for your team, even in an visiting park, but this was a special level of ignorance and being inconsiderate.

8 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

When I was a kid I knew with complete certainty that the Yankees were the embodiment of evil in the universe. I think I was at this game, and I cried like a baby even though it was meaningless, the O's had already been eliminated.

I didn't harbor that kind of resentment for the Sox until much later. I'll never get over the scenes around Camden Yards the night that Manny Ramirez hit his 500th homer. The guy sitting a few rows in front of me, who'd regularly stand up and point to the Pedroia on the back of his I-think-I'm-hipster-cool green third alternate Sox jersey ... he's burned into my brain. It's a waking nightmare.

I'd be fine if both the Yanks and Sox went 36-126 for each of the next 20 years then went bankrupt and were contracted.

o

That was the strike season ........ when Bowie Kuhn had the bright idea of splitting the season in 2, and having the first-half "winners" play against the 2nd half winners in a best-of-5 Intra-Divisional playoff series. It resulted in the only time in the history of Major League Baseball (and hopefully, the last time) in which the team with the best record in all of baseball did not make the postseason.

Image result for 1981 Cincinnati Reds best record

o

Archived