The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Marlins scrambling to get more money to sign these guys, I bet.  Seems obvious that the Mesa Bros and Gaston want to be there, they just need time to get their money straight.

They know what the Orioles have and they aren't biting on it.

The O's might not be offering the whole amount.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Do these guys really have to rush to sign ,if they are ok money wise for a few weeks? Minor League Spring Training is still about six months away.

No, but why not sign now?  What's the advantage in waiting?  More slot money isn't going to suddenly appear.

Seems the Mesa brothers are giving the Marlins time to get more money. It's obvious they want to be in Miami. 

I'd almost offer Gaston the entire amount if they do indeed sign both Mesa brothers. No way of walk away empty handed and it would be an embarrassment to walk away with neither Mesa or Gaston.

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Seems the Mesa brothers are giving the Marlins time to get more money. It's obvious they want to be in Miami. 

I'd almost offer Gaston the entire amount if they do indeed sign both Mesa brothers. No way of walk away empty handed and it would be an embarrassment to walk away with neither Mesa or Gaston.

So the guy that the Marlins backed out of a deal for 2M you want to give all of the Orioles' remaining pool to?

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The O's might not be offering the whole amount.

I think they did. That`s why Miami is scrambling to come up with more space. I bet Jeter thought he could offer the three a piece of their $4m alottement and assumed they would take it. If O`s play it smart, they'll force Miami to spend everything they have on VVM. The O's scoop in and outbid everyone else for the other 2.

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

There is a finite amount of slot money available and most of it has already been spent.  There is also a cap on how much can be acquired.

It shouldn't take weeks to get this done.

Didnt say it would. I was responding to the "more slot money isn't going to suddenly appear". If the Marlins can get another 500k and that gets a deal done, they will wait. If money wasn't a driving force, they would have already signed in Miami. They want the most they can get out of Miami.

I personally believe the Orioles will walk away empt6 handed on all three. 

Archived