Manny signs with Padres

weams

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well color me shocked.  If you'd have told me before he became a free agent that Manny would end up in San Diego, I wouldn't have believed it.  In fact, of all the California teams, San Diego is probably the one I'd have least expected up until recently.  While I'm not convinced it's where Manny truly wanted to be, both sides got what they were looking for and until the next time, we don't have to listen or hear about Manny potentially going to NY or Boston, thank goodness. 

And if you were one of those people who thought he wouldn't get a deal in excess of $300 million, you were very soundly proven wrong.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, now it’s time for all the geniuses here who said Manny wouldn’t get $300 mm to eat crow.    I’m pretty sure that includes atomic and webbrick2010.     Fess up boys, you were WRONG.

I guess the attitude stuff meant nothing. 300 is magnificent. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, now it’s time for all the geniuses here who said Manny wouldn’t get $300 mm to eat crow.    I’m pretty sure that includes atomic and webbrick2010.     Fess up boys, you were WRONG.

I'm curious to see how the contract breaks down.  Some has to be deferred right?

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m one that said he shouldn’t. I even got to the point of thinking no way he’s getting 300 mil. So I’ll go ahead and admit I was wrong. Glad the saga is over and he’s not wearing some other AL east cap. Take care Manny! 

Archived