Manny signs with Padres

weams

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weams said:

Good for him.  He'll get his well-deserved payday and get to play in an awesome city (though with a questionable franchise).

And I'm thrilled because I was utterly convinced he'd somehow end up in New York and we'd have to watch him play us 20 times a year and resent him.  Now I get to fondly remember his time here and continue to cheer his success.

San Diego has the #1 rated minor league system according to most evaluators.  Now they can build around Manny.  Good move for them and I assume it will be a great deal for Manny.  Maybe not the record setting deal he hoped for, but still massive.

Just now, Luke-OH said:

That's where I would have signed, good for him. They just need to consolidate some prospect talent and they'll be a competitive team. 

I hope they don't think signing Manny means they have to go all in this year.  I think they would be better suited staying the course and looking to add in a year or two.

1 minute ago, NCRaven said:

San Diego has the #1 rated minor league system according to most evaluators.  Now they can build around Manny.  Good move for them and I assume it will be a great deal for Manny.  Maybe not the record setting deal he hoped for, but still massive.

Rosenthal says 300 million.

Archived