Why Not?

Uli2001

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to leave this here

The 2018 Orioles won the first series in NY 3-1, April 5-8.   
NY won 11 of the next 15 match-ups.

Having said that, unlike last year, this team is universally picked to be lousy from the beginning, so this series was particularly sweet.

Just now, TonySoprano said:

I'm going to leave this here

The 2018 Orioles won the first series in NY 3-1, April 5-8.   NY won 11 of the next 15 match-ups.

Having said that, unlike last year, this team is universally picked to be lousy from the beginning, so this series was particularly sweet.

Not the same situation. This team may have less talent than the 2018 team, but you can tell already they have much more heart.

Nice to see them take this series. This season depends entirely on one statistic - WHIP. If they can control the walks, then why not applies. I note they also took seven walks today, which is the number two stat - OBP. They have heart, and I do like that as well.

I am not normally one to engage in things like extreme optimism, but I would be surprised if this team didn't win at least 60 games. New management, new manager and coaching staff, new culture and a bunch of young players who just want to play for a team with no expectations at all. Speedy team that can hit a little with a lot of potential for growth with many of these players. I say this team wins no less than 63 games this year. However, I will stop short of 87 wins, so no "Why not?" for me.

3 minutes ago, oriole said:

Well both the Yankees and the Diamondbacks won a World Series the year after Buck left...Maybe Texas will be the Bucks lone immediately ringless ex?

Ha I had forgotten about the Buck exes rule lol. You never know. It’s early but I’m enjoying these guys.

26 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Not the same situation. This team may have less talent than the 2018 team, but you can tell already they have much more heart.

I don't think that team necessarily lacked heart.

I think they were just snake-bitten.  It seemed that early on they missed every possible break (countless at-em' balls, lucky grounders sneaking through, etc.).

Archived