New hot dog vendor at Camden Yards.

Going Underground

27 minutes ago, atomic said:

I think there are a couple of accounts that are people's second accounts that are being used to downvote me.  TWPJ and MGH5208 who have been downvoting me in several threads seem fake.  If you are a member and are using secodary accounts to downvote people both your primary and secondary account should be banned.

Since only paid accounts can vote, why in the heck, would anybody have a secondary account, to just downvote people?

Doesn't make too much sense.

Maybe they are downvoting your post based on content and information inside the post?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:23 PM, atomic said:

Several years ago I was on the club level and I went to get a beer at the bar.  After getting a beer and a drink for my wife., I asked for some water for my daughter and she told me they weren't allowed to give me water and I said then can I buy some and she said I had to go somewhere else for water. I said you have water and you have cups why can't you give me water.  She said the cups weren't for water.  Of course, I didn't tip her and as I was leaving she said something smart to someone at the bar about me.  

So water isn't as easy to get as you would think.  And there should be water fountains all around the stadium.  Really that should be required by law. 

I think there are water fountains outside every bathroom.    What we usually do is bring several bottles of water into the stadium in a cooler, and if we run out, refill a couple at the water fountain.   My sons (now adults) bring those larger hard plastic water containers and refill those as needed (I think those have to be empty when you enter).     

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think there are water fountains outside every bathroom.    What we usually do is bring several bottles of water into the stadium in a cooler, and if we run out, refill a couple at the water fountain.   My sons (now adults) bring those larger hard plastic water containers and refill those as needed (I think those have to be empty when you enter).     

The water in most of those fountains taste warm and terrible. Water might turn you into a gremlin but only if you  eat something after midnight.Not sure if it is EST or PST or Greenwich Mean Time.Also I think the water has to be full in a sealed bottle.But maybe they don't check that hard .

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The water in most of those fountains taste warm and terrible. Water might turn you into a gremlin but only if you  eat something after midnight.Not sure if it is EST or PST or Greenwich Mean Time.Also I think the water has to be full in a sealed bottle.But maybe they don't check that hard .

Yes, any water bottles brought in must be either sealed or empty.    

I haven’t had a problem with the water fountains there.    

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Since only paid accounts can vote, why in the heck, would anybody have a secondary account, to just downvote people?

Maybe they are downvoting your post based on content and information inside the post?

I will say that I made a post that I didn't think would offend anybody and got two downvotes on it in the past couple days.   In fact, I think I had a 3rd but I think that person un-down-voted my post.

I tend not to be very confrontational in most of my posts so I have to admit I'm not used to seeing red arrows.   So maybe I'm spoiled and it happens a lot.   I don't really care, not saying it bothers me.    But coming out of nowhere it did seem kind of odd for what I thought was a harmless post to receive multiple downvotes.   And all over the board, it seems to me that downvoting is trending up a bit.

Are we all getting a bit "tetchy" as the Brits would say, as we dive deeper into rebuild hell?

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I think there are a couple of accounts that are people's second accounts that are being used to downvote me.  TWPJ and MGH5208 who have been downvoting me in several threads seem fake.  If you are a member and are using secodary accounts to downvote people both your primary and secondary account should be banned.

Classic. You are the most downvoted regular poster on this website and yet it's impossible for you to consider that maybe your posts are bad. Instead, it's "fake accounts". Lurkers have been around since the dawn of message boards and there are several here who pay for memberships, I would guess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Random responses.

1. Water is a profit center now. We'll never go back to water fountains again. They're costly for the owner (stadium) or government (public) to maintain. It is a little crazy that even a bar wouldn't give you a water though. 

2. Yeah, diabetes has massive co-morbidities associated with it. Of course, diabetes itself is very often associated with an unhealthy lifestyle, so they're typically a more expensive population.

Please distinguish between type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Type 2 is often associated with an unhealthy lifestyle. Type 1 is an inherited auto immune disease triggered by unknown environmental factors. 

I sit on the Central PA JDRF board and my son is a type 1 diabetic. Type 2 the pancreas, in most cases, still makes insulin, but your body can't absorb it....type 1 your body attacks the beta cells that create insulin and kills them. Type 1 diabetics have no control over the progress of the disease and can't reverse it. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

If you are under a certain post count they down vote without paying.  Neither of these accounts are paying members.  They do this so they won't get down voted back.  

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

If anyone is actually doing it it is a bannable offense.

16 hours ago, SteveA said:

I will say that I made a post that I didn't think would offend anybody and got two downvotes on it in the past couple days.   In fact, I think I had a 3rd but I think that person un-down-voted my post.

I tend not to be very confrontational in most of my posts so I have to admit I'm not used to seeing red arrows.   So maybe I'm spoiled and it happens a lot.   I don't really care, not saying it bothers me.    But coming out of nowhere it did seem kind of odd for what I thought was a harmless post to receive multiple downvotes.   And all over the board, it seems to me that downvoting is trending up a bit.

Are we all getting a bit "tetchy" as the Brits would say, as we dive deeper into rebuild hell?

I know, when I complain about the negative nincompoops on here, it tends to have them downvote me, I used to care, but have since learned the internet is full of very good people, but there is more than their share of clowns that love nothing more than to be trolls and pot stirrers and are unable to have intelligent conversation on any subject, yet they consider themself a subject matter expert on every subject in mankind.

Other times, a very normal post will get a flame or two, for no reason, and usually, when one of the better posters see that stupidness, they will vote on that post and cancel out the red.

• Like 2