What other records will this team set

atomic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Really.  Cause they haven't started 0-21.

That 0-21 team had two hall of famers in their prime, Mike Boddicker in his prime and Fred Lynn.  That team was twenty times better than this team. This team will have worse record than that team.

Just now, atomic said:

That 0-21 team had two hall of famers in their prime, Mike Boddicker in his prime and Fred Lynn.  That team was twenty times better than this team. This team will have worse record than that team.

Yeah, but they still lost 21 games in a row...so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Fred Lynn was washed up. And Boddicker was ok, but needed the support of a good team around him to succeed. Boddicker was not a strikeout pitcher and had to deal with the likes of Jeff Stone attempting to play defense.

Side note, I saw Boddicker often as his daughter and my sister went to the same play group. Really nice guy and always pleasant to talk with. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Fred Lynn was washed up. And Boddicker was ok, but needed the support of a good team around him to succeed. Boddicker was not a strikeout pitcher and had to deal with the likes of Jeff Stone attempting to play defense.

Side note, I saw Boddicker often as his daughter and my sister went to the same play group. Really nice guy and always pleasant to talk with. 

Fred Lynn had 2.6 WAR that season and Boddicker had 4.1 WAR.  

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I don’t think we’ll approach that runs allowed record, but the homers allowed record could be topped.   

Hyde said the Orioles have to do a better job of keeping the ball in the ballpark  Did his friend Anal Y. Tics tell him that 

The major league record for home runs allowed, held by the 2016 Cincinnati Reds, is 258. The 2019 Baltimore Orioles are on pace to allow 432.

53 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Hyde said the Orioles have to do a better job of keeping the ball in the ballpark  Did his friend Anal Y. Tics tell him that 

The major league record for home runs allowed, held by the 2016 Cincinnati Reds, is 258. The 2019 Baltimore Orioles are on pace to allow 432.

That's a pace that might not get better.  Small sample size and all that but this pitching sucks.  Bundy could be responsible for a quarter of that.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

That 0-21 team had two Hall-of-Famers in their prime, Mike Boddicker in his prime, and Fred Lynn.

That team was twenty times better than this team. This team will have worse record than that team.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, but they still lost 21 games in a row ........ so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

o

"Son, we finished in last place with you, and we'll finish in last place without you."

Branch Rickey, when his star player Ralph Kiner wanted a raise after he led the league in home runs for the 7th consecutive season ........ in the offseason in question (1952 to 1953) the Pirates had just gone 42-112 (.278) in 1952, and they proceeded to go 50-104 (.325) in 1953.

o

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I don't see how we WON'T break that record.  Camden Yards is a homer haven, they play 19 games against the Red Sox and 19 games against the Yankees, and their staff is full of mediocre-to-awful flyball-type pitchers.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They'll blow past 16, easily.  There's another game tomorrow against Khris Davis and then 4 against the Sox.  The Sox are struggling to start the season but all they need to get right is 4 games against our pitching in Fenway.

The only thing that is going to slow down the Red Sox bats this weekend is the weather. 

4 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I don't see how we WON'T break that record.  Camden Yards is a homer haven, they play 19 games against the Red Sox and 19 games against the Yankees, and their staff is full of mediocre-to-awful flyball-type pitchers.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if the record is broken by Labor Day. 

What’s the record in Vegas for games to start the season, or just games for that matter, with being consecutive “underdogs”?  We’re an underdog in today’s game. So that’s 12 straight to start the year. We won’t be favored in any of the 6 games at BOS and TB. So that’s 18. 

When is the first game we will be favored?

Archived