What other records will this team set

atomic

o

While the Orioles' pitching staff has been serving up home runs at a record pace in this still very-young season, the Mariners set an all-time Major League record (1876 - Present) by becoming the first team ever to hit at least one home run in each of the first 15 games that they played to start the season.

Mariners Set All-Time Record with Home Run in 15 Straight Games to Start 2019 Season

(By Jesse Yomtov)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/04/11/seattle-mariners-home-run-record/3438167002/

o

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

While the Orioles' pitching staff has been serving up home runs at a record pace in this still very-young season, the Mariners set an all-time Major League record (1876 - Present) by becoming the first team ever to hit at least one home run in each of the first 15 games that they played to start the season.

Mariners Set All-Time Record with Home Run in 15 Straight Games to Start 2019 Season

(By Jesse Yomtov)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/04/11/seattle-mariners-home-run-record/3438167002/

o

o

And we have a new thread for the white-hot Mariners in the MLB section.

o

1 hour ago, ChipTait said:

Currently on pace to allow 461 home runs. Ouch !!!

33 minutes ago, atomic said:

And we haven't even played the Mariners yet.

o

That could wind up being somewhat reminiscent of SMU's 1989 football team of 70 Freshman (plus 3 seniors, who stuck with the school and the program in spite of the 2-year death-penalty that they were just coming off of) playing defending national Notre Dame.

o

22 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What’s the record in Vegas for games to start the season, or just games for that matter, with being consecutive “underdogs”?  We’re an underdog in today’s game. So that’s 12 straight to start the year. We won’t be favored in any of the 6 games at BOS and TB. So that’s 18. 

When is the first game we will be favored?

April 6, 2022

On 4/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Whats the record in Las Vegas for games to start the season, or just games for that matter, with being consecutive underdogs?  Were an underdog in todays game. So thats 12 straight to start the year. We wont be favored in any of the 6 games at BOS and TB. So thats 18. 

When is the first game in which we will be favored ???

8 hours ago, hutchead said:

April 6th, 2022.

o

The 30th anniversary of Rick Sutcliffe's CG-Shutout of the Indians, which opened Oriole Park @ Camden Yards.

o

On 4/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Heinie is a nickname for Heinrich, a common German name.  Reitz hit 31 triples in '94, tied with Dave Orr for second all time behind Chief Wilson's 36. Curtis Granderson (23, 2007) holds the post-WWII record.  I think Wilson's mark is the professional record, not even in the 200+ game schedules of the old PCL did anyone get to 36 triples.

Reitz really only had that one good season, coinciding with the biggest offensive year in history, at least since the 1870s.  He played through 1897 but never had more than six triples in a season.

I think Reitz was juicing that year.  I can't prove it, but what else could explain it?

22 hours ago, atomic said:

Agenda? I just want the team to be better. Obvious at this point that this season is lost already.  I go to the games and watch them and would enjoy them more if there were more major league quality players.  I don't boo Chris Davis or any of the other players.  And hope they all do well.  Just it isn't very likely.  When the team is filled with DFA's, Rule 5's and guys no other team was willing to trade for. 

You're right... it's not you.  It's everybody else.  ?

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Just about everyone I've ever met who emphatically says they're a realist is bitterly pessimistic. They're just convinced that reality sucks, badly.

LOL I am pretty optomistic in life.  Just because I am realistic about the Orioles this year doesn't make me a pessimist.  I think you are pessimistic. You always seem very angry. Being angry all the time seems pessimistic.  I think backing into parking spaces is a sign of pessimism.  I never do that. 

2 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

You're right... it's not you.  It's everybody else.  ?

I think you are right on that. Most people on here want the Orioles to do badly.  Also I think they want players to fail.  All I here is release this player and release that player.  What can do to get rid of Chris Davis. blah blah blah.  They don't want us to get better by signing anyone.  I find message boards have gotten more and more negative over the years. Most of the regulars on message boards have chased all the women away with their group think and insulting everyone with a different opinion. Most of amiable people have left to facebook. 

Archived