Orioles option Wynns to Norfolk

Going Underground

14 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t know anything about Perez. Is Severino better? I’m guessing not because Perez is down there and Severino is up here.

Severino is a better defensive catcher.   Perez has been an offensive catcher at AAA who has not be able to hitter very well in the majors.  The defense I saw from him in ST was not up to the performance of Sucre, Severino or Wynns.   I think Elias and Hyde want a defense first catcher.  If he can hit also that is a plus.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Good thing I went to the Bowie game last night then...

It will be interesting to see what they do as far as playing time in Norfolk for everyone.

Looks like Wynnie is being squeezed for the moment

It makes zero sense to throw Wynns on the MLB roster right now. He missed a ton of ST. The pitching is a dumpster fire. The best thing is for Wynns to get the bat going, and to keep building a relationship with the Pitchers and Sisco. 

Believe it or not, I think Sucre is getting the most out of this pitching staff. 

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they couldn't the O's could just send Davis down, not like he wouldn't clear waivers.

I knew if a player was on the MLB roster, they could refuse it after a certain service time or the second time they were sent down.

I just didn't know a minor league guy could refuse to go down 1 level.

Archived