Two fresh arms available for Friday

wildcard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, the weather forecast makes it likely there will be no game tomorrow evening.

This is the only time Minnesota comes to town so I would expect a day/night doubleheader Saturday.   Which means we will need 6 starters in the 5 days from Saturday to Wednesday.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

With a sterling 9.00 era Wright isn’t the worst arm in the bullpen. I would cut him too, but that is me speaking as a fan from watching Wright the last four years.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2019.shtml

Hyde may have found a spot where Wright can do OK.  Mop up guy.   He has allowed 1 run in the last 5.2 innings he has pitched.  No pressure situations.    

Why would they keep someone like that?   Injuries.   They need to keep has many pitchers in the organization as they can so they can get through the season.       He may go at some point just because Cobb, Bleier and Karns are all better pitchers and will need spots some time in the future.

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hyde may have found a spot where Wright can do OK.  Mop up guy.   He has allowed 1 run in the last 5.2 innings he has pitched.  No pressure situations.    

Why would they keep someone like that?   Injuries.   They need to keep has many pitchers in the organization as they can so they can get through the season.       He may go at some point just because Cobb, Bleier and Karns are all better pitchers and will need spots some time in the future.

To eat low leverage innings.  The O's are looking to have a lot of low leverage innings in front of them.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That is why I think Wright is assured of a roster spot for the time being. Wright can usually come into a game that that is out of reach and not totally embarrass himself

So it looks like Cobb activated;   Castro sent down.

Sounds like they will keep Hess in the rotation.

They could really use a fresh arm in the pen.   Nothing for sure but I think they may promote Ramirez and option Lucas.  But if the game is rained out tonight that may not happen.   

JMG.  

Archived