O's forced to bring up an outfielder?

wildcard

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mancini was day to day with his knee last year and folks are convinced it bothered him for half the season.

Do we trust Dr Mancini's diagnosis? 

To answer the question, no I don't.  Not like this team can look worse by playing a guy out of position.  Heck put one of the relief pitchers out there.

It's debatable whether that would be playing a guy out of position.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Natty said:

6 moves today. But I don't see any OF moves. LOL. 

DFAing Sucre opens a 40 man roster spot.  I would not be surprised to see a deal for an outfielder or the call up of Williams.  O's probably want someone better in center and move Joey back to right until Mancini is ready.

I am calling Ortiz down and Ramirez up on Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

DFAing Sucre opens a 40 man roster spot.  I would not be surprised to see a deal for an outfielder or the call up of Williams.  O's probably want someone better in center and move Joey back to right until Mancini is ready.

I am calling Ortiz down and Ramirez up on Tuesday.

I won't be surprised if they send down a pitcher right after todays game and select the contract of someone tomorrow to put them on the 40/25, like Sean Gilmartin or Jay Flaa.

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If this is a rebuild season and dosen't matter like some people say, why not let Mancini heal properly  They kerp going back and forth with Cobb and that has not worked out well.

Also was listening to the Twins broadcast and they said the Orioles outfield play the deepest they have ever seen.Cost them today.

10 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m a classical musician, and I remember hearing that song so much as a young child that it has stuck with me all this time. I think it’s a great song, and I think that if I actually went back and re-visited rock from the 60s and early 70s, I’d probably find a whole lot to like.

Stumped me as well. Am watching KCET Herbie Hancock Institute special over the air tv though. My nephew once promoted a Hancock event With Lionel Loueke, Nathan East and the fabulous Vinnie Colaiuta. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

With all the maneuvering that we’ve done for every other position, we haven’t called up an OF so far this season. Wilkerson is learning on the fly. I guess they really don’t like Williams and Stewart. 

I think its an issue of trying to help the offense without hurting the defense too much.

From the Tides:

Wilkerson 806 OPS

Stewart 730 OPS

Willaims 703 OPS

If Stewart and Williams were hitting better Elias might find room for them in Baltimore.

16 hours ago, Going Underground said:

If this is a rebuild season and dosen't matter like some people say, why not let Mancini heal properly  They kerp going back and forth with Cobb and that has not worked out well.

Also was listening to the Twins broadcast and they said the Orioles outfield play the deepest they have ever seen.Cost them today.

What difference does it make where the outfielders play, when the pitcher provides them Homerun pitches?

Pretty sure that record 12 homeruns allowed in 3 games, is the reason they went 0-3.

Archived