Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Kremer gets a promotion to the O's in September that would be counter to everything Elias has been preaching since he was hired.   That would be rushing him.

It would appear that Elias does not care about the AA playoffs either which is surprise to me.

Do you have any documentation on this preaching Elias has done?

or any historical evidence to how he promotes pitchers?

the only thing I can think of is statements he made when Hays was sent down, which is not relevant to this situation.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Over developing a potential major league starter? 

Source?

Listen.   I am already surprised at Kremer's promotion to AAA.   I would be extremely surprised at his promotion to the O's in September.  Elias has talked about the value of having prospects play or pitch at each level.  And I think 4 starts would be a whole lot faster than giving Kremer time to prove himself at AAA.

I just said this is a head scratcher for me.   I am obvious not in tune with the promote given what Elias has been saying since his hiring.   Elias is the man.   I am not second guessing him.  I am just expressing my surprise.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Listen.   I am already surprised at Kremer's promotion to AAA.   I would be extremely surprised at his promotion to the O's in September.  Elias has talked about the value of having prospects play or pitch at each level.  And I think 4 starts would be a whole lot faster than giving Kremer time to prove himself at AAA.

I just said this is a head scratcher for me.   I am obvious not in tune with the promote given what Elias has been saying since his hiring.   Elias is the man.   I am not second guessing him.  I am just expressing my surprise.

He’s at 94 innings. He needs to be in either Baltimore or the AFL in September.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

4 starts, plus maybe 3 or so appearances in September in the majors isn't a rush. It isn't like he played half the year in Bowie, pitched twice in Norfolk and has pitched for the Orioles every few days since mid July.

Give him some experience with the ML ball and against tougher competition, going into next season when he starts in Norfolk for atleast half the year.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I’m not saying anything about Baltimore but don’t you remember Elias saying that a big part of his promotion decisions would be made by a statistical model, basically telling him when a player is ready for the next level. So this promotion makes all the sense in the world when you add that context. He’d be up in AAA sooner if it wasn’t for the injury and subsequent velocity loss, but now that the stuff is back, it’s an obvious move.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I’m not saying anything about Baltimore but don’t you remember Elias saying that a big part of his promotion decisions would be made by a statistical model, basically telling him when a player is ready for the next level. So this promotion makes all the sense in the world when you add that context. He’d be up in AAA sooner if it wasn’t for the injury and subsequent velocity loss, but now that the stuff is back, it’s an obvious move.

And what message does it send to prospects about the value of making and playing in the playoffs?