Dean Kremer 2019

Frobby

Dean Kremer finally made his MiL debut for 2019 after missing the first five weeks of play with an oblique injury.    Starting at Frederick, he tossed 3.2 shutout innings, allowing 4 hits and 2 walks and striking out 5.    He wasn’t too efficient, 79 pitches in 3.2 IP, but we’ll take it for a belated season debut.    

I wonder if they’ll keep him at Frederick for now, or bump him back to Bowie, where he finished last year.    And, whether he’s ultimately headed to Norfolk.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Dean Kremer finally made his MiL debut for 2019 after missing the first five weeks of play with an oblique injury.    Starting at Frederick, he tossed 3.2 shutout innings, allowing 4 hits and 2 walks and striking out 5.    He wasn’t too efficient, 79 pitches in 3.2 IP, but we’ll take it for a belated season debut.    

I wonder if they’ll keep him at Frederick for now, or bump him back to Bowie, where he finished last year.    And, whether he’s ultimately headed to Norfolk.   

Bowie needs all the help they can get so I would assume he probably will be heading there very shortly.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, atomic said:

Bowie needs all the help they can get so I would assume he probably will be heading there very shortly.

You don't assign prospects based on which team is struggling. You assign them to whichever level is best for that player's development. I think Kremer will end up in Bowie since that's where he was last year, but not because they're desperate to improve the team's record.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kremer’s second start was impressive, 6 shutout innings on 2 hits and 2 walks, striking out 9.    He threw 83 pitches, 58 for strikes.   Probably time to move him either back to Bowie or up to Norfolk.   

4 pop ups as well, I would have loved to be at that game, apparently Daniel Lynch (2018 draft pick for the Royals, LHP from UVA ) was sitting 95-96 and also was quite impressive. 

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kremer’s second start was impressive, 6 shutout innings on 2 hits and 2 walks, striking out 9.    He threw 83 pitches, 58 for strikes.   Probably time to move him either back to Bowie or up to Norfolk.   

Yeah, I'd imagine if his arm strength is where it was last year that he'll get moved up. It's pretty clear he's having the success expected at that level.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, BarclaySouthway said:

I know it's no sure thing, but I can't help mentally penciling in 3 of our 5 rotation spots on Opening Day 2022 with these guys. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, orioles22 said:

Maybe Lowther and Baumann to round out the group, or possibly Akin and Knight.

Gray Rod, Hall, Kremer, Lowther, Baumann, Knight and Akin. And John Means is in that conversation now too. It gives us the possibility of having a strong, home-grown staff.

I think it's also worth noting that Bundy, Gausman, Davies and E. Rodriguez wouldn't have been a bad home-grown staff, particularly if they hit anything close to their upsides. So we have to hope for few setbacks. The good news is I think it's quite unlikely that we go trading away our pitchers this time around. Elias will be adding to this inventory, and hopefully developing them better than we have in the past.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Gray Rod, Hall, Kremer, Lowther, Baumann, Knight and Akin. And John Means is in that conversation now too. It gives us the possibility of having a strong, home-grown staff.

Harvey, Rom, Sedlock, Peralta, Fenter, Zimmerman.

• Upvote 1