Chris Waters

steveox

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, he's unlikely to stick with the O's for the future, but you have to give the guy one more start at the very least.

Was really great to watch. And I thought he looked quite a bit better than what SG is portraying, he located his pitches very well, and had good off-speed stuff.

Anywhere I could see the pie in the face?

Jeremy Guthrie has weak minor league stats too. The Indians gave up on him. The O's gave up on John Maine too soon. We still haven't given up on Daniel Cabrera, though his stats on their own don't show him to be anything special. You just never know until you give these guys the ball time and time again.

And also, as someone said, it appears Waters' career has been hampered by injuries. I'm not saying Waters won't flop, but you never know. He has to start some more times based on tonight's amazing performance.

Great start by Chris. He has guaranteed himself atleast two more starts.

I think Olsen, Cabrera, Sarfate, and every other young pitcher we have should learn from what Waters did tonight. He did exactly what Dave Trembley is trying to get them to do. Have a game plan, work quick, get ahead, show poise, don't nibble at the plate, trust your stuff, and execute.

IMO, I think Waters is a better version of Burres because he is more poised, trusts his stuff, and isn't afraid to shake off the catcher.

Went down to the "Big A" (Edison Field) tonight in hopes of catching the game, but couldn't get into the parking lot, much less score a ticket :( Nothing like a genuinely talented team on a winning streak to sell out against a last place team on a Tuesday night. Are you listening Warehouse?

Back to Burbank I went to a sports bar (wife and daughter out of town) and watched the last 5 innings Waters pitched. I haven't read the rest of this thread, so perhaps what I'm saying has already been discussed ad nauseum, but I though Waters represented everything Orioles starters have not been this year. (Guthrie excluded).

As I watched him pitch, all I could think of was Randy Johnson in his prime. Minus about 9 inches and roughly 400 mph of velocity, of course. Whether you agree with my analogy or not, I was tremendously impressed with his breaking ball and his command. This was one game I genuinely regret not being able to see in person.

I was at the game tonight...and all of the angel fans around me were asking.."who is this guy?". the angels could do nothing against him and it was sweet to see. i picked a good one to see tonight. i think the orioles are 19 - 2 when i've seen them on the road....so if anyone wants to see this trend continue...i'm open to you paying my way to accompany the team...:D

Waters was most likely taken out because of his pitch count otherwise I'm sure he would've been back in in the 9th.

That plus the fact that the most he has pitched all year is 7 innings. They were talking to him at the end of 7. They let him pitch the 8th and then yanked him. I think it was the right thing based on what was accomplished. I thought DCab should have not pitched the 7th on Sunday, so IMO this one was right on time.

Archived