2019 Trade Deadline

sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He's been good the last week or so on that regard. Game winner the other night, a couple hits and a homer last night.

Yup, last ten games (including today through three at-bats), he is hitting .295/.367/.545 with 3 homers and 2 doubles. 

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm guessing Givens goes today after the game as well....My guess ...Dodgers

Wonder if they have interest in Severino as well to give them a formidable tandem.  Starting to doubt anyone offers the Os enough to move him at this point. If he’s still hitting next year, though. 

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Wonder if they have interest in Severino as well to give them a formidable tandem. 

They have 2 catchers in the top 100 prospects. Smith is having a good year at AAA and Ruiz their top guy just got called up to AAA. So I doubt it.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Can't imagine why they'd need Severino

Because their offense from the catcher position has been absolutely putrid most of the year. May not want to lean too heavily on smith if they want to make a run and he has less than 50 PA at majors, so who knows if he’ll stick at this point. 

17 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

MLB Pipeline has Kay and Woods-Richardson as the Mets #4 and #6 prospects. Fangraphs has them at #8 and #9. MLB Pipeline has Kay as a 55 and Woods-Richardson as a 50. Fangraphs has them both as 45s. If Fangraphs is right, that is a reasonable price for Stroman, if MLB Pipeline is right, the Mets are Metsing.

So Stroman has 2 more years of control. So that's the Market for Givens. I hear you about the Mets but there have been several articles saying the cost of relievers was sky high.

And earlier article about Givens said the cost was believed to be a top 10, and a top 30. That was not counting 4 interested teams.

if you could get Grey/Gonsolin 5/6.and 7/8 Downs/Hoese would a comp deal. 

But, I'd be happier with Grey/Gonsolin, Amaya #14, and Robinson Ortiz #26.

Also I still like Mitchell White who has dropped from #3 to number 10. He's having a rough year.

****numbers are prospect ratings by MLB.com

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So Stroman has 2 more years of control. So that's the Market for Givens. I hear you about the Mets but there have been several articles saying the cost of relievers was sky high.

And earlier article about Givens said the cost was believed to be a top 10, and a top 30. That was not counting 4 interested teams.

if you could get Grey/Gonsolin 5/6.and 7/8 Downs/Hoese would a comp deal. 

But, I'd be happier with Grey/Gonsolin, Amaya #14, and Robinson Ortiz #26.

Also I still like Mitchell White who has dropped from #3 to number 10. He's having a rough year.

****numbers are prospect ratings by MLB.com

Stroman has one year of team control left, he's an arb 4 next year.