Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Shut up Chris.  Just go away.  Nobody wants to hear anymore from you.

There were two options. Chris Davis doesn't talk to his manager, just goes about his business and doesn't address the media or the fans. Or, he has an honest sit down with his manager and puts a presser out there to address the media, fans (and to an extent - ownership).

It's a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't scenario, it seems. I'm just happy he stepped up. It would have been easy for him not to.

• Upvote 1

Davis and Hyde went camping yesterday.Toasted marshmallows and sang  Kumbaya. It was beautiful. And a reminder from Bordick and Hunter,the Orioles have thr hardest working players and coaches.They actually work on things before the game.Other teams dont do this concept called coaching and teaching before a game.Never saw a team where they all buy into it and they all pull for each other. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, weams said:

He has a great deal of union protection that affords him that luxury. Not just his wealth. 

And apparently it also comes with a real lack of humility. Chris Davis is like that guy from high school who graduated three years ago, but still hangs out in the parking lot and thinks he's hot sh*t. Class of 2016...his last somewhat productive season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

There were two options. Chris Davis doesn't talk to his manager, just goes about his business and doesn't address the media or the fans. Or, he has an honest sit down with his manager and puts a presser out there to address the media, fans (and to an extent - ownership).

It's a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't scenario, it seems. I'm just happy he stepped up. It would have been easy for him not to.

I don't analyze the character of the players from afar.   Just because somebody flips a bat after a homerun doesn't make them a bad guy for instance.

But I'm at the point where Davis' behavior is indefensible imo.

If he wants to really "step up" and respect himself, the game, and the organization, he'd retire immediately.

47 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

You just get better and better.  Obviously, you have know idea who I am, my level of education, my age, or level of achievement in my profession or life.  But, you're too damn funny for me to put on ignore.

I have no clue what your argument is.  You brought up some nonsense about deplorables.  Obviously you are on some sort of political rant.  I don’t know what it has to do with anything I posted.  College athletes have to get a minimum SAT score to play in division 1.  Much lower than is traditionally needed to attend the universities they are trying to attend.  We are talking 600 SAT score.  The vast majority of people not attending college would be able to manage that.  

And that caused you to go on some totally tangent unrelated to my post.  I didn’t say anything negative about anyone who didn’t attend college.  

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't analyze the character of the players from afar.   Just because somebody flips a bat after a homerun doesn't make them a bad guy for instance.

If he wants to really "step up" and respect himself, the game, and the organization, he'd retire immediately.

It's not on Davis, it's on the team. I can't fault Davis for cashing those checks. It's on whoever negotiated/ordered the contract. Angelos, Sr, Buck, Brady...we'll never know. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I have no clue what your argument is.  You brought up some nonsense about deplorables.  Obviously you are on some sort of political rant.  I don’t know what it has to do with anything I posted.  College athletes have to get a minimum SAT score to play in division 1.  Much lower than is traditionally needed to attend the universities they are trying to attend.  We are talking 600 SAT score.  The vast majority of people not attending college would be able to manage that.  

And that caused you to go on some totally tangent unrelated to my post.  I didn’t say anything negative about anyone who didn’t attend college.  

I DEMAND that Chris Davis release his SAT scores!!!!

Lol, I'm not sure if you realize it, but you keep digging a deeper and deeper hole each time you respond. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

I DEMAND that Chris Davis release his SAT scores!!!!

Lol, I'm not sure if you realize it, but you keep digging a deeper and deeper hole each time you respond. 

I am not the one posting political comments. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's not on Davis, it's on the team. I can't fault Davis for cashing those checks. It's on whoever negotiated/ordered the contract. Angelos, Sr, Buck, Brady...we'll never know. 

I get that.

But he's already cashed over 100 million dollars of those checks.

If he respected himself and the game, he could manage to forgo the rest.

9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Retire and get paid the contract that he earned and deserved? Sure.

53 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I tried to explain this to him yesterday but I guess it was too difficult a concept.

A baseball player that goes to a four year university has to spend between two and three years in college before he is eligible for the draft (depending on age).  A baseball player that enrolls in a CC can enter the draft one year out of HS.

So a baseball player that thinks he has a future in professional baseball might just be trying to reenter the draft earlier.

Sorry about replying to you instead of him but I didn't feel like hunting for his post.

I also mentioned that Davis was drafted in the fifth round after 2 years.  He could have transferred to a 4 year college at that point to improve his draft selection.