Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

This was the argument early on, and I would have agreed that he was not blocking anyone. You can still make that argument I guess with Stewart back on the IL, but I'd rather have Ruiz in the lineup than Davis, under the admittedly small chance Ruiz could actually develop more and help the team in the future.

If it were me, I'd run this lineup out as often as possible:

1B. Mancini/Nunez
2B: Villar/Alberto
SS: Martin/Alberto
3B: Nunez/Alberto
C - Severino/Sisco
LF: Stewart once he comes back but I would bring up Mason Williams (Replace Peterson with Mason) and give him a look in the meantime
CF: Wilkerson
RF: Santander
DH: Mancini/Nunez/Stewart

Meant to quote @Tony-OH in my previous post, not @LookitsPuck. Sorry. 

So both Elias, Davis, Hyde all say a variation of how their real regret was that this fight took place in the dugout in front of cameras

“Sorry that it happened right out in the dugout in the middle of a game and in front of cameras. That’s not where you want these things to take place”  Mike Elias in SOR column today

So, I gotta say...Where DO you want an enraged, belligerent argument between two men to take place? Thank God this happened in the dugout in front of cameras...if this had not taken place in the dugout, in front of cameras, and where others were present right there and able to hold back an enraged Davis...who knows what might have happened. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

So both Elias, Davis, Hyde all say a variation of how their real regret was that this fight took place in the dugout in front of cameras

“Sorry that it happened right out in the dugout in the middle of a game and in front of cameras. That’s not where you want these things to take place”  Mike Elias in SOR column today

So, I gotta say...Where DO you want an enraged, belligerent argument between two men to take place? Thank God this happened in the dugout in front of cameras...if this had not taken place in the dugout, in front of cameras, and where others were present right there and able to hold back an enraged Davis...who knows what might have happened. 

Yes.  However much of the exceedingly long piece of rope Davis was handed is a little shorter now because it took place in the open.  I'll take what I can get.

5 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

@Tony-OHI haven't seen Mason play. Is Wilkerson better than him in CF? How is Stevie at third? 

Mason is most likely going to be better than Wilkerson in CF since he has a lot more experience, saying that, in his short period of time in the majors, he's been a little below average defensively.

Roch with his Elias quotes.

“I think both of us are trying to be honest and transparent about things, and there are only so many ways to answer questions about losing 14 straight games to the Yankees,” said executive vice president and general manager Mike Elias. “I understood the things that he said, and we’ve said things like that before, and I think the team knows where we’re coming from when we make comments like that.

“We’re at the beginning of raising the talent level with this team and giving these guys extended opportunities to perform and stick at the major league level, many of whom have not had those opportunities in the past. I really like his approach throughout this year. It’s a very difficult task he’s been given. Managing this type of team, all the roster comings and goings that we’ve had and doing this in this division on a high-profile stage, and he has to talk to the media a lot more than I do, and sometimes you don’t want to say the same thing over and over.

“I respect the honesty, and I think the messaging has been very consistent from him and from the organization in general.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/08/this-that-and-the-other-185.html

• Upvote 1