Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

2 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Yeah, and that's a fine response to it. Much better than how other people respond to difference in opinions, that's for sure.

I mean, I get where you're coming from.  You're annoyed with how he criticizes his team in front of the media.  I think he's just telling everyone what everyone already knows.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

I mean, your attitude is exactly why you probably like people like Hyde. It's all bravado and machismo. Luckily civilized leaders don't need that nonsense.

I'm the last person to defend Davis here. I just don't see what makes Hyde so special. Now, it's hard to really assess somebody because the talent on this roster is beyond awful.

But I look at guys like Mike Elias and it's night and day how much better he is than Dan Duquette.

I look at guys like Brandon Hyde and compare him to Buck...and I just have to ask people who think Hyde is better or "fantastic": what are you seeing?

To me, I just don't care for the bravado to the media. Here's what Roch reported from Hyde:

"Hyde said he wanted to keep it private and would speak with Davis later. He also expressed remorse that it happened in view of the public, including media, and downplayed the impact it would have on his relationship with Davis and the season."

"We’re going to keep it in-house. It’s private." - Brandon Hyde

"Unfortunately I’m embarrassed that it was caught on camera and people had to see it, but sometimes those things happen." - Brandon Hyde

And that's my rub. It's clear Hyde is either unpolished or can't control his emotions....or worse - both. He's supposed to be a leader of men and he comes across as a hothead. I've listened to enough of his post game pressers and he's more likely to spout off and throw the *totality* of the team under the bus. And that rubs me the wrong way from a leader.

I'm sorry, but if you think Hyde is a hothead good God you would have lost your fragile stuff back when Earl Weaver was manager. 

I realize people have different opinions, but this anti-Hyde stuff is goofy and when I mean Goofy, like I can't even fathom how you people can come to this conclusion already.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I know it's part of the job but man I hate getting lied to.

Just colors everything I hear from that person in the future.

I hate hearing that you can't accept facts. You have no data to support the lying accusation. 

3 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Ooooff...ooooooofffff!!!! someone just walked past me with a 34/32 Easton, ball tapped me and I'm doubled over in pain.

Read that last sentence.  And then read it again.  And while you're at it, read it a third time.  

We're in it for the long haul, ladies and germs.  

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

And apparently it also comes with a real lack of humility. Chris Davis is like that guy from high school who graduated three years ago, but still hangs out in the parking lot and thinks he's hot sh*t. Class of 2016...his last somewhat productive season. 

This may be the best description of Chris Davis that I've seen, bravo.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I mean, I get where you're coming from.  You're annoyed with how he criticizes his team in front of the media.  I think he's just telling everyone what everyone already knows.

I think that he is being honest. That this team is not a good team. That losing is a part of it, but that effort will not be ignored. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Show me any evidence that Davis "has a lot of talent".  Compared of course to actual ML ballplayers.

Any guesses how far down the orginizational ladder Davis would have to go before he was an above average player?  Could he rake at Aberdeen in his current state?

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm sorry, but if you think Hyde is a hothead good God you would have lost your fragile stuff back when Earl Weaver was manager. 

I realize people have different opinions, but this anti-Hyde stuff is goofy and when I mean Goofy, like I can't even fathom how you people can come to this conclusion already.

"Fragile" stuff because I don't like a manager's "leadership" style. Excuse me while I roll my eyes all the way in the back of my head from this boomer nonsense.

I'd love to hear Earl Weaver quotes to the media. Let's hear them.

• Upvote 1