Nostalgia on Chris Ray

Barnaby Graves

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

So Oriole-y.  Not only was K-Rod apparently a fairly terrible human, but his time in Baltimore involved exactly zero of his 437 career saves. 4th in saves in all off history, and 22 innings of a 4.50 for the O's, and they actually gave up a halfway decent prospect for him.  I guess we're lucky Nick Delmonico looks like he's not going to have a major league career of any consequence.

I had the feeling Buck wasn't in favor of the trade.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

It's unfortunate to remember someone for their worst moments, but when someone mentions Chris Ray my mind flashes to the MDM before they finish "Ray".  That was in the era when my kids were just being born and I clung to the single guy notion of trying to watch almost every game.  After the MDM I didn't turn on the O's for probably two weeks.

That was one of the games that ended a yearly game watching streak for me. For many years I would have to stop watching every game the Orioles played for the sake of my family dynamics and my mental health. The exact date varied, but during those years I rarely made it to June and sometimes barely made it into May. That game was one of the worst games emotionally for me that I've ever watched...and I watched almost the full massacre by the Rangers in 2007. 

• Upvote 1