What impact will Hays, Mountcastle and Stewart have in 2020?

wildcard

30 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its a day for pete sakes.  A travel day.  You would rather he go to Norfolk with the Tides and then to Baltimore the same day?   That makes no sense.

So, you didn't mean to suggest that he would go to Baltimore as soon as he was sent down? You meant to say that he would report to minor league spring training camp? Did you actually say that?

6 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Every time I think we've reached the pinnacle of absurdity in arguing back and for in our threads, another one proves me wrong.

I'm guessing there will be month long arguments about what number Mountcastle will wear when he's called up and what his walk up music will be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

“Return to baseball activity near the end of spring training” — so not on the OD roster, it appears.    It just got tougher to hold Mountcastle back, though I still expect they will.    

I don't think it's any harder at all.  Not like the media is going to ask the tough questions if Mountcastle has a good spring and doesn't make the team.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it's any harder at all.  Not like the media is going to ask the tough questions if Mountcastle has a good spring and doesn't make the team.

I’m not worried about the media.   Couldn’t care less what they say on this subject.    But when you have Hays, Mancini, Santander, Smith, Mullins and Stewart all competing for OF time, it’s a little easier to justify holding Mountcastle back (from an operational standpoint, not a PR standpoint) than it is if Stewart is out of the equation at the beginning of the season.     

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m not worried about the media.   Couldn’t care less what they say on this subject.    But when you have Hays, Mancini, Santander, Smith, Mullins and Stewart all competing for OF time, it’s a little easier to justify holding Mountcastle back (from an operational standpoint, not a PR standpoint) than it is if Stewart is out of the equation at the beginning of the season.     

He doesn't need an operational reason.  You can always pick up a waiver wire guy and just play him instead.  I don't think the 40 is going to be tight enough that an injury to Stewart would force Mountcastle on the roster.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He doesn't need an operational reason.  You can always pick up a waiver wire guy and just play him instead.  I don't think the 40 is going to be tight enough that an injury to Stewart would force Mountcastle on the roster.

Jorge Ona or Buddy Reed if left unprotected by the Padres in their roster crunch perhaps. (Rule 5 Draft)

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Microfracture. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, wildcard said:

In 2014 the Astros began the season on April 1st.    Springer was called up on April 15th.   Back then players had to spend 12 days in the minors for the club to get a 7th year.   The Astros didn't have a game on the 14th  so Springer was called up 1 game after he qualified for  7 years.

Here is a article on the call up.

https://www.mlb.com/news/houston-astros-outfield-prospect-george-springer-called-up/c-72209994

No grievance was filed.

On the subject of grievances...

• Upvote 1