Miguel Castro robbed at gunpoint in D.R.

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once I started pulling down MLB paychecks no way I would go to the DR in the offseason.

Even if that's where you were from to visit your family?    I suppose the counter argument is to move them to 'merica………..wonder how often that happens.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

With enough money you could move them to someplace safer than the Dominican and easier to gain residency in than the States. 

Yeah, maybe.    But it’s not that easy to do here and there are numerous complications.    Here’s a good article that gets into the nitty gritty: https://globalsportmatters.com/business/2018/05/10/mlb-visa-process-families-face-roadblocks/

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, maybe.    But it’s not that easy to do here and there are numerous complications.    Here’s a good article that gets into the nitty gritty: https://globalsportmatters.com/business/2018/05/10/mlb-visa-process-families-face-roadblocks/

I agree with Corn on this one.

So you cant get them into the states, but surely, there are safer places in the world, not named DR to relocate them to, being a ball player, they should be able to have the funds.

33 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I agree with Corn on this one.

So you cant get them into the states, but surely, there are safer places in the world, not named DR to relocate them to, being a ball player, they should be able to have the funds.

I doubt this is common at all.     People don’t leave their home country, and all their friends and family, very easily.    And, a lot of the nearby countries aren’t necessarily much safer.    And, I have no idea how hard it is to get a residency visa in those countries.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1