MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

13 hours ago, atomic said:

Rand Paul has coronavirus.  He was working out at Senate Gym yesterday with other senators near by.  Why wouldn’t they have closed the Gym?  I am guessing this will take out quite a few senators.

Saw garden store in the city packed with people. We are doomed.  Also bike stores and outdoor stores with tons of cars in the parking lot. I am not sure why people aren’t taking this seriously. But I think we will be worst hit country in the end.

You predicted the O's were going to win 30 games or so, then they won 54.  So applying the atomic curve to this, I'm thinking the US ends up in the 30-40 worst hit countries?

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You predicted the O's were going to win 30 games or so, then they won 54.  So applying the atomic curve to this, I'm thinking the US ends up in the 30-40 worst hit countries?

The nice thing about making vague grand claims is that you can just make up whatever criteria you want to judge them by...….and that can make you correct no matter what happens!

US is the 3rd most populated nation on Earth so I would expect we will def be up there in terms of total fatalities at least.

One slightly encouraging sign is that Washington state had one of the lowest increases in new cases over the weekend (45%).  It may be a sign of distancing measures working.  Most states more than doubled their cases including four states more than tripled.

5 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

One slightly encouraging sign is that Washington state had one of the lowest increases in new cases over the weekend (45%).  It may be a sign of distancing measures working.  Most states more than doubled their cases including four states more than tripled.

No they changed their testing procedures. They are only going to test severe cases and health care workers 

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You would argue with me with whatever I state.  That is just your way.

10 minutes ago, Aglets said:

The nice thing about making vague grand claims is that you can just make up whatever criteria you want to judge them by...….and that can make you correct no matter what happens!

US is the 3rd most populated nation on Earth so I would expect we will def be up there in terms of total fatalities at least.

https://covidactnow.org/

37 minutes ago, atomic said:

No they changed their testing procedures. They are only going to test severe cases and health care workers 

But they are testing people though.  And focusing on people who would likely test positive.  And only had 600 new cases.  I would have expected to see a few thousand new cases.

I can’t see how many they tested this weekend, but see that they have tested over 30k people in the past two months.

5 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

The way this thing is portrayed by many, just because you get the virus does not mean you're going to die.

giphy.gif

20 percent who get virus need hospitalization.  The way people are acting like it is no big deal and going to garden stores, books stores, bike shops, carryout,  taking to neighbors we will peak at a higher rate.  There will be no hospitalization for them.  Average hospitalization stay for those who recover is 10 days.  So you would be looking at 20 percent fatality rate during a peak. 

50 percent of the mild cases is a moderately bad case of pneumonia. 

23 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

But they are testing people though.  And focusing on people who would likely test positive.  And only had 600 new cases.  I would have expected to see a few thousand new cases.

If you go from testing all sick and their family members and contacts to just testing the very ill the number of cases will go down temporarily.  Then in a week they will be much higher as those cases work their way to being critical. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

If you go from testing all sick and their family members and contacts to just testing the very ill the number of cases will go down temporarily.  Then in a week they will be much higher as those cases work their way to being critical. 

Why have 28k individuals tested negatively in the state if they are focusing on the very ill?

https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus