How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

43 minutes ago, atomic said:

He was the reason along with Brady that are pitching coach and bullpen coach left who helped the pitching staff become successful.   Plus even though he is much worse than Tyler Wilson he stuck around a lot longer because he was Brady's buddy.

I don't know about Brady's buddy, but I can't imagine he had a ton of influence in coaching staff leaving.  He wasn't really a big name.  Mostly just a guy riding the Norfolk train route cause our pitching wasn't that great.  If you had said, Britton, Bundy, or even O'Day or Brach, I might think had a big influence, but I don't have a source on the issue.  

Edited by jarman86

3 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

I don't know about Brady's buddy, but I can't imagine he had a ton of influence in coaching staff leaving.  He wasn't really a big name.  Mostly just a guy riding the Norfolk train route cause our pitching wasn't that great.

Look it up.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Look it up.  

I did, I saw some fan sites posting Brady told the coaches not to mess with Wright's mechanics.  I don't hold that against Wright though.  Also, mechanics are always touchy for pitchers.  Orioles coaching staffs messed with Arrieta's mechanics for 5-6 years, he departs to Cubs, Cubs let him be, he helps lead them to the World Series.  And...we don't exactly have the best track record when messing with pitcher mechanics.  Now if there is some attitude Wright was expressing to the coaches or something known along those lines, I'd be willing to agree, but he was always a nice quiet guy and I don't see his personality being that to force a coach to quit.  Either/or, its your choice to cheer for him or not, just was curious your reason.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Possibly on ESPN, but apparently things hit a snag when ESPN wanted the rights fees to be $0.00.

Yeah, I saw that mentioned earlier.  You'd think KBO would be willing to cash in on this with another network, and they might still.  I just don't know why ESPN thought $0 rights fee was a good idea, I don't know any sane business that would take that deal.

19 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

Yeah, I saw that mentioned earlier.  You'd think KBO would be willing to cash in on this with another network, and they might still.  I just don't know why ESPN thought $0 rights fee was a good idea, I don't know any sane business that would take that deal.

Doesn't cost KBO anything and free publicity.  I am not sure what other network would care to broadcast KBO games. 

Just now, atomic said:

Doesn't cost KBO anything and free publicity.  I am not sure what other network would care to broadcast KBO games. 

Maybe some of the 65 RSNs that are currently broadcasting replays of 2011 Rays games and miracle knife infomercials 24/7?  You could count the people currently watching MASN on your pinkie finger.  And he Can_of_corn just has it on in the background while posting here.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Maybe some of the 65 RSNs that are currently broadcasting replays of 2011 Rays games and miracle knife infomercials 24/7?  You could count the people currently watching MASN on your pinkie finger.  And he Can_of_corn just has it on in the background while posting here.

Yeah MASN isn't going to pay for KBO games.  I think Belarus and Sweden haven't locked down. Maybe they could get some hockey on.  Sweden probably has a higher quality of hockey than KBO has baseball. 

19 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah MASN isn't going to pay for KBO games.  I think Belarus and Sweden haven't locked down. Maybe they could get some hockey on.  Sweden probably has a higher quality of hockey than KBO has baseball. 

MASN could offer more in rights fees than the $0 ESPN bid.  But not much more...

Belarus and Nicaragua still have soccer going on.  But I don't think you can watch either of them here in the States. 

Even sheep synchronized swimming is better than listening and reading doom and gloom.

giphy.webp

As an aside, the was a resurgence with the Spanish Flu cause WW1 ended and the doughboys returned home.

Old Man:  Did you hear about this guy who swallowed a yo-yo?

Mother:  Swallowed a yo-yo?

Old Man:  On a bet.  Some clodhopper down in Griffith, Indiana.

Mother: They write the silliest things in the newspapers.

Old Man:   What do you mean, silly? I mean that's real news.  That's not like that politics slop.

1 hour ago, jarman86 said:

When I started my business, I couldn't even tell you how many times people asked me to do things for free in order to "get my foot in the door."

I guess ESPN thought that the exposure was worth something to the KBO, the doesn't mean much without a long-term commitment.

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

I am actually encouraged by the latest studies that have come out of California and New York that show that a higher percentage of the population than expected is testing positive for the antibodies.   This thing is more widespread than initially believed.   Certainly way more than the stated 850K Americans have already been exposed to it.

That means a couple things....first of all, the death rate is probably lower than currently believed.   And secondly, IF having the antibodies means you are no longer at risk of catching it, then there are more people who could possibly go back to work and get things running again.

We still have a lot to learn about asymptomatic transmission, whether you can get it again, etc.   And now apparently it's infecting a ton of felines (two regular cats, and a bunch of various types of jungle/mountain cats at the NY Zoo, have tested positive).

But if a larger % of the country than believed has already been infected and POSSIBLY passed through the danger zone and come out the other side, that's a good sign IMO.

Kinda makes you wonder about the flu that went around the O's in ST. That Chris Davis had really bad.

Was it CD or someone else? My memory....

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Kinda makes you wonder about the flu that went around the O's in ST. That Chris Davis had really bad.

Was it CD or someone else? My memory....

It was Davis.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-chris-davis-recovering-from-illness/

The Orioles haven't indicated that Davis' ailment is anything serious, so the expectation is that he'll be back at camp within the next few days.

• Upvote 1