Update: Chris Davis missed two games with sinus infection, has recovered

MurphDogg

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Doesn't look to be Covid-19 and he Hyde is inferring it's just for tonight's game. 

Hyde didn't infer that at all. 

His not being replaced might infer that, but Hyde himself didn't say anything to that effect.

• Upvote 1

Over the years, I seem to recall Davis missing games or spring training games here and there with a cold or flulike symptoms more often than other players.   So maybe he's just someone who is more prone to catching colds.   And of course the overlap between cold symptoms and Covid means if you develop a slight cough or fever you probably have to stay home until you test negative for Covid.

So it could just be precautionary due to minor symptoms.  I notice Senzel and Moustakas are back for the Reds after sitting out.   I think they had potential symptoms but not C-19.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

OK, I'm going to be that guy.   Call me Grammar Nazi if you must.   I usually don't do this.

When you say something, but leave a point unsaid for someone to assume, you are IMPLYing that point.

When the listener hears something, but assumes a point that is unsaid, the listener is INFERring that point.

So you mean to say that Hyde didn't imply that at all.   Or that we shouldn't infer that from what he says.

Haha, I actually knew that and was grimacing while typing it, I was trying to match what he said.

Just now, SteveA said:

Over the years, I seem to recall Davis missing games or spring training games here and there with a cold or flulike symptoms more often than other players.   So maybe he's just someone who is more prone to catching colds.   And of course the overlap between cold symptoms and Covid means if you develop a slight cough or fever you probably have to stay home until you test negative for Covid.

So it could just be precautionary due to minor symptoms.  I notice Senzel and Moustakas are back for the Reds after sitting out.   I think they had potential symptoms but not C-19.

His last public statement was that he has grown more concerned about playing and was going to wear a mask at first base.

To me, the most likely situation, given the mystery behind it, is that he is thinking of opting out but hasn't decided.