Tigers bringing some key prospects..Will we see Os do the same soon?

Sports Guy

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Do you remember those giant pens that had 25 or 30 colors and you press a little button to get the particular color you wanted? I thought those were the stupidest things in the world when I was a little boy but I really wanted one because they look like a spaceship. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15000835

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

As I pointed out in another thread, there have been 103 players who have debuted so far this year.   Last year, the 103rd player didn’t debut until 52-55 games into the season.     In a typical year, about 200-250 players debut per season.   This year it seems like a lot of teams are trying a lot of new players, probably because of the extra roster spots.    Many of those players will not stick.   As a result, I think it’s really tough to know where the post-2022 super-two cutoff will fall.    Remember there’s no roster expansion this September; in fact, the rosters will shrink.    So past precedent is kind of out the window here.   I think it’s probably safe now, but if preventing Super-2 status were my primary motivation, I’d probably wait a bit longer.     

Rosters will no longer shrink.  They are at 28  the rest of the season, even the postseason.  Change was made once the issues with the Marlins and Cardinals occurred.

5 hours ago, Philip said:

When I was in the army I learned that everything was either written in black ink or not at all. Green ink is for four-year-old girls who want to impress the teacher.

Do you remember those giant pens that had 25 or 30 colors and you press a little button to get the particular color you wanted? I thought those were the stupidest things in the world when I was a little boy but I really wanted one because they look like a spaceship. 

I have a 4 color one I use for keeping a score sheet of my Stratomatic dice baseball games.  I use blue for most everything.  I use black to draw a horizontal lines to note a pitching change or a vertical line to denote a pinch hitter or defensive replacement.

I color in the little diamond in the box when a guy scores a run in red, and guys RBIs are little red dots next to the hit/event that knocked in a run.

And little green letters indicate a pinch hitter, the first one is A and then over in the left in extra rows I will say something like A - Mullins PH in green that corresponds the A in the inning and spot where it occurred.

After 30 years of doing it the same way I can read my score sheets to total up my stats like a speed reader.

40 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Rosters will no longer shrink.  They are at 28  the rest of the season, even the postseason.  Change was made once the issues with the Marlins and Cardinals occurred.

Thanks for the update.    But in any event, they’re not inflating as they usually do, at all.    

8 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I would look at the list of players due to get paid  next season and bank on them being the ones getting traded. If we aren’t playoff bound, anyway.

I didn’t look at his details but I think Castro goes somewhere this year.

The problem for the Orioles is the 16 playoffs spots. They should be dealing any of the veterans that they can get good or better value for. 

34 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

If they stay in contention for the 7/8 spot, you have to bring the AAA guys up soon to help the team (RM). Imagine the excitement/momentum going into next year...Passing around the orange kool-aid.

Yes .... but it will be a detriment to hurry the process. This team isn’t good enough over 162 games. Among other things they don’t have enough starting pitching 

16 hours ago, Philip said:

When I was in the army I learned that everything was either written in black ink or not at all. Green ink is for four-year-old girls who want to impress the teacher.

You must have been in a different part of the army than my father.  He always used a red pen on maps to draw out routes.  I'm pretty sure nobody called him a 4 year old girl - regardless of what colors he chose.    

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

You must have been in a different part of the army than my father.  He always used a red pen on maps to draw out routes.  I'm pretty sure nobody called him a 4 year old girl - regardless of what colors he chose.    

Yes that’s quite unusual. I was infantry and we only used black ink.

2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Dad was Air Force and he always used a red pen on his maps, so he could ID it quickly. I suspect he picked it up from the Service, never asked him, but a lot of what he did, was based on his military experience.