Some more moves on the horizon?

Sports Guy

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd like that but I don't trust ownership to spend money until they start spending money.

I truly think the sons are Chris Davis-bit.  Which is fine for now, but it may stay that way for a decade or more.  I wonder if we're going to have Chris Davis Day like New York celebrates Bobby Bonilla Day.

6 hours ago, yark14 said:

Depending on how we do this week, I think Severino could be traded.  He's got a heck of a bat and several years of team control left, his value is as high as it will ever be.

I don’t think it depends on our performance. If the Orioles get the right offer Severino will go. Same thing with Givens, Cobb, Milone, Lakins, LeBlanc etc. 

This is not a finished product and the Os front office knows that!

4 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I truly think the sons are Chris Davis-bit.  Which is fine for now, but it may stay that way for a decade or more.  I wonder if we're going to have Chris Davis Day like New York celebrates Bobby Bonilla Day.

I'm worried it extends beyond just being worried about having another Davis.  I'm concerned the overall budget will be significantly lower, comparatively to what Peter was willing to spend.

The team was more a middle of the pack spender with Peter, with the sons I'm worried they are going to be down with Pittsburgh and the Florida teams.

12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Schoop had a 697 OPS in Norfolk before they promoted him.  Buy you say, Corn, he also played in the AFL that year, and I'll agree and point to his .594 OPS in a hitters' league.

Schoop looked good playing in the WBC right before ST the year Schoop came to the MLB. He played for the Netherlands and was coached by Buck’s friend Hensley Mullins. Buck has a good eye on him in the WBC. 

Overall, I’m Beyond disappointed that we haven’t seen Mountcastle. Williams should’ve been up too,  but it looks like he just got the call. Diaz and Kremer would have been nice too a week ago. 

Man, I’m kind of against any type of selling at this point. Even Cobb and Givens. I’d like to just see us let this season play out. The contributors we do have will allow players to develop in a good role. We’ve seen a pretty good back end of the pen come together. 

We don’t have the Starting pitching for a 162 game season. So I expect us to “take a step back” next year. I think the lineup is solid. The pen is solid. The defense could really improve with a better LF. Going forward it’s all going to be about SP. 

8 hours ago, yark14 said:

Depending on how we do this week, I think Severino could be traded.  He's got a heck of a bat and several years of team control left, his value is as high as it will ever be.

It would have to be a heck of an offer.   I doubt Elias pulls the trigger on a Severino trade at this point.  Maybe a year from now when Rutschman is closer to the majors.   

The guys that are likely to go are Givens and Cobb because they are a year away from FA and are expensive.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Schoop looked good playing in the WBC right before ST the year Schoop came to the MLB. He played for the Netherlands and was coached by Buck’s friend Hensley Mullins. Buck has a good eye on him in the WBC. 

That would be 2013, the same season he put up those numbers in Norfolk and the AFL.  Yes Schoop did play in the majors that year, for all of 14 at bats.