A race to the bottom?

wildcard

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There have been too many twists and turns in the Orioles’ season for me to make any predictions.    Honestly I don’t really want to see a late season collapse even if it would help us in the draft.    I’m tired of late season collapses.  

I agree.  I want to see these young players step up and deliver.  I want to see Kremer continue to do well, I want to see if Akin can bounce back from his last disaster.  It's more important to see the youngsters that we already have deliver the goods rather than tanking for some pick.

We don't even know how draft order is going to be determined anyway.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree.  I want to see these young players step up and deliver.  I want to see Kremer continue to do well, I want to see if Akin can bounce back from his last disaster.  It's more important to see the youngsters that we already have deliver the goods rather than tanking for some pick.

I think its possible for all that to happen and the O's to still lose games.   Losing by a score of 5 -4  is still losing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Absolutely. I'd rather pick around 11th and have guys like Mountcastle and Kremer look like they're a strong part of the next competitive club than pick 1st and have everyone we brought up look totally lost

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Absolutely. I'd rather pick around 11th and have guys like Mountcastle and Kremer look like they're a strong part of the next competitive club than pick 1st and have everyone we brought up look totally lost

There is a lot of truth in this but we are talking about such a small sample size that I don’t know that we can really gain much info over the next few weeks.

But yes, if the goal is to get as high a pick as possible, seeing the young guys play well but still lose games is your “best case scenario”.

3 days ago, I thought we were worried about how we wouldn't have top 10 draft picks anymore.   Everything was on the upward swing and we were deeply concerned that the minor league talent pipeline might suffer.

Now we are chasing a top 5 pick?

Help me make sense of this storm!!??!

13 minutes ago, Aglets said:

3 days ago, I thought we were worried about how we wouldn't have top 10 draft picks anymore.   Everything was on the upward swing and we were deeply concerned that the minor league talent pipeline might suffer.

Now we are chasing a top 5 pick?

Help me make sense of this storm!!??!

Somehow your avatar makes this statement more impactful ?

I'd prefer to see the O's win.  No fun "hoping" they lose to get a better draft pick. Besides we don't know how the draft positioning will work.  Will they win is another story -- Braves and Rays are two of the best teams.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

They are just going to play a lot of the young kids down the stretch.  Sink or swim with them.

The key is to play guys that have a chance to be part of the future as much as possible to give them experience down the stretch. That should be their only goal.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The key is to play guys that have a chance to be part of the future as much as possible to give them experience down the stretch. That should be their only goal.

Fully agree with this.  Just evaluate what young players we have as much as possible for the next 14 games.