9-15-2020

Can_of_corn

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I really like Kevin Brown, but he is getting into Hunter territory with this wild card talk and "little room for error". Just focus on each game and if for some reason this team gets on a run and the Yankees start to implode then mention it, but come on, let's not be silly.

Better chance of catching Toronto than the Yankees,  because we play them 3 times.   And the Yankees are pounding them tonight.

Basically we have to be within 2 games of the Jays before that series in Buffalo the last weekend, because they have the tiebreak (head to head).  We are 6 back in the loss column starting tonight.   So we have to pick up 4 games on them in the next 10 games to have a shot the final weekend.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

I was surprised to find when reading at baseball savant that Alberto is a negative 2B, I think either 2 or 4 outs below average. But he’s really not very good. Still rather have him than Villar.

Glad to see they finally put the infielder statcast metrics onto Baseball Savant. They've been missing most of this season. 

Alberto has looked a little below average defensively this season but i am surprised it's been that bad.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Just have fun and enjoy the games.

Im going to root for the Rays, probably. And the Padres in the NL.

Those three days (29th-30th-1st) when the opening series are played are going to be crazy.   8 games each day (except the 3rd day maybe).   Wall to wall baseball, will be like the Thursday and Friday of the NCAA tournament in basketball.  Short series, anything can happen.